|Date Posted||May 8, 2018|
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position is focused on working with the Dev team to optimize and maintain the SQL Databases in Microsoft Azure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a must have-candidates without azure experience will not be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a desire to work within a highly-matrixed, team-oriented environment. Independent operators are not sought and will not be successful in this position.
- Familiarity with lean/agile development is considered a plus, as this will be an increasingly common approach.
- Ability to define and gain adoption of best practice techniques.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Demonstrated performance monitoring and tuning ability, including an aptitude to lead the diagnosis and resolution of performance problems within a large-scale, complex infrastructure.
- Expertise is one or more of the following: database partitioning, database compression, data encryption, replication, disaster recovery.
- Expertise in configuration and administration of database security.
- Knowledge of all facets of database administration through the complete application development project life cycle (requirements definition, design, implementation, and operational support).
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time, cost and infrastructure required to successfully deliver the database requests. Provide technical specifications.
- Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems and technologies. Define a RDBMS software roadmap.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS experience
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MTA, MCSA, and/or MCSE (SQL) certifications
- Experience with Microsoft Azure