|Date Posted||May 16, 2018|
Role: DevOps Consultant – Chef / Azure
Location – Seattle, WA
1. Configuration Management, open to any but Chef is ideal as this team is utilizing Chef
2. Application support
3. Windows and azure
Summary of Experience:
• 7 Years of experience in IT Build Engineering, infrastructure and delivery experience.
• Must have 5+ years of experience building highly available, scalable cloud based platform and infrastructure for cloud native systems.
• Must have 4+ years of experience in software Project life cycle activities designing, supporting and deploying Internet-based products or services
• Must have 2+ years leading project or functional teams
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
• Must have hands-on experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platforms
• Must have experience with Build Tools, CI/CD, DevOps and Agile principals
Working Knowledge Of:
• Configuration management tools Chef, Ansible, Puppet or Salt
• Infrastructure provisioning tools Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARM templates, AWS CLI, Powershell, Azure CLI.
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio .Net, VSTS, .Net Framework, asp.net & SQL Server
• Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (Safe Harbor or PCI experience a plus!)
• Experience with Shell scripting, Power Shell, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Python, BASH
• Experience with uDeploy, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Artifactory, Nexus, Nuget, Redis, NGiNX
• Networking and Load Balancers, Firewalls, DNS, VPCs, VPNs, DNS OSI Layers etc
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Bitbucket)
• Infrastructure and Application logging and monitoring technologies CloudWatch, Splunk, ELK, NewRelic, DataDog, Dynatrace, PagerDuty
• Containers and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Azure Service Fabric.
• Database Administration, setup, configuration and basic troubleshooting - NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, CosmosDB) RDB (MS SQL, Oracle)
• Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, ODBC, SNMP and other protocols
• UNIX/LINUX and Windows and server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
• Web (IIS, Apache), .Net & Java application (Tomcat, Jboss, etc) server expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures