|Location||West Chester Township, OH|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2018|
Provides best practice design and execution of Microsoft cloud infrastructure, automation, and security. Develops operational and technical cloud protocols to satisfy Logicalis and client requirements. Identifies opportunities to automate public cloud platforms and ensures MS technical security via existing infrastructure processes and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Commits to best practice cloud design, automation and operations.
• Completes process and architecture design in support of efficient cloud operations.
• Drafts documentation in support of configurations, standards, operations, and training.
• Implements tooling, processes, and protocols necessary to deliver infrastructure as a services on public cloud platforms leveraging Azure technical stack.
• Works with client developers to deliver new applications utilizing Agile Software Development, testing, integration, deployment and operation.
• Creates PowerShell and JSON scripts to automate cloud deployment and operation.
• Develops deployment checklists to operationalize cloud systems; automating checks where possible.
• Reviews risk profile of new vulnerabilities related to cloud services and executes remediation protocols.
• Defines operational monitoring requirements within cloud environment.
• Supports collection of artifacts for audit and compliance under direction of Logicalis Compliance lead.
• Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has technical leadership responsibilities but no direct personnel management duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Reasonable technical understanding and ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa.
• In depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques.
• Extensive knowledge about APIs and use of RESTful services to integrate with other data providers.
• Experience working in projects in support of large scale programs.
• Demonstrated experience in the following:
o Scripting (PowerShell, Perl, Python, Ansible, Ansible)
o Automation (Chef, Puppet, SCCM)
o Cloud tools (OMS, Azure dashboard)
o Working in and leveraging DevOps operational model inside multi-tenant environments
o Computer virtualization technologies including Hyper-V and VSphere
o Computer OS operation, hardening, and standards including Windows and Linux designs
o Application and web operation, hardening, and security including Apache and IIS web servers, WebLogic, SQL and Oracle databases
o Security compliance experience such as ITIL, PCI, ISO 27001 or SOX
o Pricing and costing
o Helping developers adapt existing C# applications to use SAML or equivalent.
• Exposure to:
o Software Defined Data Center (SDDC)
o Software Defined Networking (SDN)
o IDS/IPS reporting and defense strategies
o Business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation
o Disaster recovery and audits (Risk Portfolio)
o Information technology and information security
Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• ITIL V3 Foundations
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
Other Skills and Abilities
• Organizational skills, attention to detail and flexibility.
• Ability to multi-task and reprioritize work efforts as necessary.
• Possesses relationship management abilities; strong customer-facing skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Works well under pressure and strong ability to “think on their feet”.
• Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
• Up to 10% travel time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws.