|Location||Overland Park, KS|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2018|
Netsmart Technologies is the largest supplier of enterprise-wide software solutions for health and human services providers. Netsmart's clients include health and human services organizations: public health agencies, mental health and substance abuse clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and managed care organizations. We became the industry leader through the creation of cutting edge software solutions to meet our client's needs. This level of creation and product evolution is only made possible by assembling a team of the best and the brightest talent in the industry. Do you have what it takes to join us on this journey?
At Netsmart we look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and innovative environment. We offer an opportunity to contribute at all levels of the organization and to be a part of a creative and collaborative team of professionals. If you have a passion for human resources, talent acquisition, and driving toward process excellence, and want to join us in our mission to change the lives of millions through the development of impactful software solutions, we want to hear from you!
The Solutions Architect roll will be primarily focused on cloud technologies within AWS and/or Azure. Solutions Architects evaluate and identify could technologies that align with Application, Security, and Operation requirements of Netsmart Solutions. Solutions Architects also work closely with engineering teams to embed these technologies into existing solutions or create new solution offerings. The Solutions Architect is responsible for all technology aspects associated with bringing a new solution to market. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of Netsmart's Best-In-Class Behavioral Healthcare Solution team deploying innovative, new Mobile, Web Service and Service Oriented Solutions for Netsmart's Next Generation Platform.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Designing AWS solution architectures that are scalable, highly available, and fit a cloud hosted/SaaS/multi-tenant model.
- Evaluating and identifying new technologies that improve existing solutions or present an opportunity for a net new offering.
- Defining and documenting all technical aspects associated with launching new solutions, which includes solution architecture, hosting specifications, implementation procedures, and routine maintenance tasks, and operations support items.
- Driving implementations engagements for early adopter clients of new solutions.
- Working directly with engineering teams validating technology requirements and driving solution roadmaps.
- Assist in building business cases, ensuring technology requirements and costs align with overall business strategy.
- Working with partners and/or clients defining new solutions or integrations with a focus on improving workflows.
- Effectively communicate the cloud hosting proposition to all levels within the organization.
- BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem resolution skills
- Deep technology background including both On-Prem and Public Cloud tech stacks
- Experience working with public cloud platform services (AWS/Azure)
- AWS is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced and high-pressure environments
- Experience working with both Windows and Linux OS
- Distributed application architecture experience a plus (SOA/Microservices).
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with SDLC - Agile
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience deploying solutions in a "DevOps" or "Infrastructure as Code" model
- Software Development, Scripting, and/or Puppet/Chef experience a plus
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for AWS/Azure
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate/Professional)
In Addition to a Competitive Salary, Successful Candidates Will Receive:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan/EAP
Netsmart's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.