|Date Posted||September 15, 2021|
Azure Cloud Architect
New Jersey, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago
Provide hands-on technical leadership to the cloud transformation agile team tasked with accelerating the cloud ‘Lift and Shift’ approach for IaaS workloads migrating to Azure.
Play a key role in our cloud first strategy, enabling maximum return on cloud investments through agile and mature cloud practices.
Own the solution design and architecture for cloud transformation themes for identified areas or applications.
Lead large scale migrations from on premise environments into Azure using Re-hosting, Re-platforming or Refactoring techniques depending on the use cases.
Partner with the key stakeholders to select the best candidate projects for Azure cloud migration that provide the maximum business value and the right technical fit.
Responsible for the cloud migration use cases, architecting the go forward solution and developing technical solutions with Azure cloud services.
· Design target state architecture, HA/DR design and application automation framework for self service provisioning of cloud resources.
· Provide cloud expertise and direction on projects related to cloud architecture design, implementation and maintenance.
· Develop cloud architecture strategies, frameworks and reference models.
· Deliver best practices around provisioning, operations, and management of cloud environments.
· Ensure cloud design is adhering to required standards, high availability & DR requirements and industry based compliance needs.
· Conduct knowledge transfer sessions with the AppOps team for application automation scripts and cloud resource monitoring.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related field.
Experience in leading large scale cloud migration program.
Experience with migrating applications to Azure public cloud, and refactoring or architecting applications for optimal cloud benefits.
Proven knowledge in architecting the deployment of Microsoft’s Azure platforms and services.
Deep cloud architecture, design patterns, cloud operations, and cloud cost models with hands on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements.
Hands-on experience with a diverse range of cloud and on premise security technologies including IAM, next gen network firewalls, web application firewalls, DDOS mitigation, encryption technologies, security information and event management, threat and vulnerability management, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), containerization.
Expert knowledge on IaC automation platforms, e.g., Terraform, Ansible, ARM or similar.
experience with cloud solution design patterns (microservices, messaging, distributed caching, containers)
· Experience in IaaS/PaaS workloads for automation, provisioning, and configuration management
· Design experience for HA of VMs and platforms within and across regions.
Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present ideas clearly and compellingly.
Experience with Azure Cloud security and Monitoring (IaaS and PaaS)
Fundamental knowledge of Hybrid Cloud connectivity (Express Routes), Peering, network architecture, VNETs, routing, NSGs.
Experience with Azure cloud migration tools and processes (Azure Migrate etc.)
· Microsoft certification such as Cloud Solution Architect is a plus.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
· Hands-on experience architecting and delivering large enterprise projects.
· Demonstrated industry efficiency in the fields of cloud native architecture.
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
· Experience in implementing Azure services in a variety of distributed computing enterprise environments.
· Ability to work with in a cross functional team as well as with various stakeholders.
· Experience working in financial services industry preferred.