|Date Posted||October 4, 2021|
Title: Azure Cloud Data Warehouse Developer
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 6 + months / extension
The Azure Cloud Data Warehouse Developer drives continuous integration between highly disparate systems and assists in organizing the data in the warehouse. Migrating our on-premise data warehouse to Microsoft Azure Synapse on the cloud will be one of the primary responsibilities of this role.
The individual must be a hands-on developer, ideally with 5-7+ years of experience with delivering on enterprise-level systems.The right candidate will be a highly motivated communicator that is driven, possesses creative and conceptual intelligence, and a has a continuing desire for self-improvement.
What we are looking for
- Experience in the Microsoft SQL Server stack SQL Database, SSIS, SSAS Tabular.
- Experience developing ETL packages to create dimensional data warehouses using SSIS and SQL Stored Procedures.
- Experience with requirements gathering focused on data warehousing and/or reporting.
- Experience with ETL testing & data validation.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Git DevOps
- Experience with Cloud DW technologies, specifically with Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience with Data warehousing technologies and solutions and underlying IT services. Less experience sufficient if the individual has significant knowledge in the Microsoft Cloud data warehouse technologies - Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake
- Very strong drive to learn the Azure Synapse and accompanying technology tools
- Strong t-SQL query-writing skills
- Very strong communication skills, written and verbal. Part of the role may be communication directly to our business units.
- Advanced critical thinking ability; comfortable thinking about and solving new problems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, and software development best practices
- Proven ability to work independently at designing, developing, and delivering solutions
- An understanding of dimensional data modelling (Kimball method)
- Knowledge of PowerBI or Tableau
- Business analysis, semantic layer development and report authoring skills
- Azure experience, specifically ADLS to Azure Data Warehouse or Azure Synapse
- Experience working with financial markets
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com