|Date Posted||October 31, 2020|
Senior Azure Cloud Engineer
This role is 80% customer facing and 20% internal.
As a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer, you will work together with other Digital cloud engineers, architects, developers, and customer engineering teams to:
* Engineer complex Azure cloud infrastructures for both customer and internal environments.
* Support our Azure customers to resolve critical and complex technical issues in a 24x7x365 support model, leveraging your deep technical and product expertise along with your understanding of our customer's needs.
* Lead technical customer engagements.
* Demonstrate critical thinking, strong communication skills and the ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships. The close relationships developed with our customers will empower you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges and help them achieve the greatest value from Azure.
* Deeply engage with our customers to understand their architecture and operations, and work to continuously improve their overall Azure support experience.
* Collaborate with Azure engineering teams to not only support but deliver solutions and new capabilities for our customers most mission-critical Azure deployments.
* Apply an engineering mindset to eliminate top issues impacting customer experience across large and strategic sets of customers.
* Participate in recruiting, mentoring, and ramping up of new Azure Cloud Engineers locally and across sites.
* Develop and present training for the Azure Cloud Engineering team.
* Act as a technical escalation point within the team. Participate in case triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions. Consistently share best practices with team members and help create a knowledge base article to solve/workaround that issue.
* Operational Excellence: Work with leadership on process improvement, operational efficiency, and strategic initiatives.
Work Location: We are currently hiring in Salem, VA as well as REMOTE POSITIONS
Our ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
* 5+ years in a technical position. Desired degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
* Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies is desired.
* Passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
* Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity.
* Deep Understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
* Azure Core Platform:Compute, Storage, Networking required
* AKS or Kubernetes engineering highly desired
* Data Platform:SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory
* Application development & debugging experience:C/C++/C#, Python, Node.JS, etc.
* Azure Application Development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services(Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.)
* Website troubleshooting & coding experience:IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
* Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
* Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source) desired.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.