|Date Posted||November 5, 2019|
Azure Cloud Engineer
Opportunities in Jacksonville, FL, Pittsburgh, PA, and Irvine, CA
The Azure Cloud Engineer will engineer solutions to design. build, and maintain scalable laaS and PaaS systems. As an Ideal Candidate, you will be responsible for the analysis, development, modification, installation, testing and maintenance of systems software. The Cloud Engineer is responsible for end-to-end solutions of within Azure and continuously create improvements and automation to enhance the durability, performance, and maintainability of the platform. If you feel as though you have these abilities, please continue reading and apply!
- Experience and/or certifications with Microsoft Azure.
- Two (2) year college or equivalent; 5+ years in industry; 2+ years in cloud
- Understand how to setup & administer Azure based servers.
- Work with Microsoft's various portals and administration areas to support, monitor and design Azure based hosting environments.
- Ensures products are delivered referencing Cl/CD pipeline
- Automates repetitive tasks.
- Develop self service and on demand capabilities
- Agile development environment especially SCRUM using Microsoft VSTS
- Act as a change agent for the IT Operations culture by helping define the automation strategy that allows for increased operational readiness within a set of methods and tools that provide speed, scalability, reliability, and security.
- Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research. and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant or strategic impact to the enterprise.
- Modifies and prepares technical documentation for best practices and system software applications.
- Required to support an on call 24 x 7 cloud Production Environment
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience establishing continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines highly desirable
- Experience using industry standard tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, etc. highly desirable
- Experience using Azure and/or AWS, GCP (Google Cloud Platform) highly desirable
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages, such as Python, bash, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience with general web server and application server administration. e.g. nginx. IIS, etc.
- Comfortable with UNIX/Linux and Windows administration preferred
- Experience building and supporting cloud native applications a plus
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness. documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
- Experience with project management
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels internally or outside the organization (executives, regulators. clients, etc.)
- Results oriented, business focused. and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.