|Date Posted||November 5, 2020|
Job PurposeAn Azure Cloud Principal will assist the senior Azure expert in the enterprise and will consult with cross-organizational teams to plan, analyze, design, build, test and deploy enterprise solutions on a hybrid cloud architecture that is built on the Azure Public Cloud on-premise infrastructure. The role will apply architecture experience developing solutions using functional requirements and technical Azure expertise in the architecture and design of systems, solutions, Azure PaaS capabilities and Azure infrastructure solutions. Additionally, the role will coach, train, and mentor team members and other stakeholders in support of broader adoption of Azure.
- Represents Enterprise Architecture on teams responsible for developing strategic cloud guidance, architecture, governance, and planning for Azure cloud delivery models such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, and help to coordinate adoption for same.
- Architects hybrid cloud and Azure only solutions for priority business needs and technology organization objectives.
- Analyzes application and infrastructure portfolios, identifying dependencies and common platform components, cost-benefit analysis and assessing migration feasibility. If needed, generates cloud migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across the organization.
- Drives hybrid solution architecture, strengthening our capabilities and services in the orchestration, automation and targeted service layers.
- Implements cost optimized solutions (based on usage, business requirements and budget) and establishes governance practices for optimizing costs on Azure including proactive cost management of services, dashboards and reporting.
- Arbitrates rationale for multi-cloud adoption of select solutions.
- Part of the cloud governance team is accountable for optimization, security and compliance of application delivery and migration projects.
- Adopts Azure cloud integration patterns with on-premise applications, cloud providers or other platforms.
- Collaborates with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute migration and operational plans.
- Builds, migrates, and tests cloud environments and integration with other providers.
- Pursues innovation and improvement across the cloud service portfolio.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.