|Published||January 20, 2023|
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Brown & Brown Inc. has an exciting opportunity available for a Azure Cloud Support Engineer with our growing Technology Solutions team. This position is available in our Atlanta, GA, Daytona Beach, FL or Dallas, TX locations.
Proud to be the fifth largest independent insurance brokerage in the country, Brown & Brown offers tailored insurance services & solutions. We are seeking a Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Engineer to join our growing team. The Microsoft Azure Cloud Support Engineer's primary responsibilities include day-to-day operations, management and support of Azure cloud services. This individual will work closely with profit centers, enterprise/divisional/local IT teams, DevOps, and service desk. Serve as a subject matter expert contributing to a wide variety of tasks/projects in support of the enterprise cloud services. Work under the direction of senior leadership and reports to the Director of IT. Provide technical support on existing resources in the cloud and engineering new solutions while ensuring existing platforms remain stable.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Manage all aspects of Azure including VMs, virtual networks, NSG, firewall and various PaaS services used by the company, including but not limited to: SQL DB online, web services, windows virtual desktop(WVD), backup and storage accounts.
* Contribute to future planning, implementation, and support of emerging cloud technologies.
* Perform Level 3 cloud services support. Provide troubleshooting steps and operational documentation to Level 1/2 support team.
* Manage Azure cost and billing. Ensure naming standards are followed to help with billing report. Understand sizing and calculator to properly choose the type of resource.
* Produce and maintain detailed architectural and operations documentation for cloud processes and procedures.
* Analyze technical needs, document requirements, and design technical solutions for Azure environment.
* Provide monthly metrics for cloud operations.
* Evaluate, test and install critical updates on a regular basis.
* Integrate solutions into existing infrastructure, consult on development projects, help deploy solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
* Review current technologies, tools, and services and make recommendations for their use based on security/compliance, financial, and operational criteria.
* Assist with cyber security investigations when needed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with equivalent work experience
* 4 + years' experience in managing/supporting system infrastructure and 3+ years' in cloud engineering and is considered a subject matter expert in Windows server administration and Azure cloud services
* Strong ITIL process and process-improvement orientation
* Available for occasional travel up to 15%
Why You'll Enjoy Being Part of the B&B Team:
Brown & Brown offers robust benefits packages for qualified teammates including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), an Employee Stock Purchase Program, and more!
We are built to last - a forever company - and are committed to giving every teammate the training, mentoring, and tools they need for long-term success.
We operate as a meritocracy, meaning we promote individual initiative, and are focused on recruiting and developing teammates who are driven to succeed. Development and collaboration are vital to our continued success - our teammates are our greatest resource.
We have a long-standing history of dedication to the people and communities that we serve. With more than 11,000 teammates in over 300 locations, we actively support numerous charitable organizations in the many local communities in which we live, work, and play!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.