|Date Posted||October 5, 2021|
Azure DevOps Automation Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced (5+ years, prefer 7+ years) DevOps Automation Engineer to join our Engineering team for a long term contract role. In this role, you will leverage your experience in infrastructure automation to help team progress towards an entirely self-service model. You’ll deploy products across various cloud environments, collaborate with cross functional teams and automate processes. Join our infrastructure group to continue mission to streamline government operations and improve citizen services through the delivery of transformative technologies. Position can be remote.
Position requires immediate authorization to support U.S. Project location is Roseville, CA and must work PST hours-.; remote employees are fine with occasional travel to Roseville (4 x per year). Prefer PST or MST time zone - Candidate must be willing to work PST time zone. Position 95% remote, must collaborate with PST zone team, maybe less than 5% travel to Sacramento for quarterly meetings. The w2 rate is $70-75 hour
Work as a Senior DevOps lead to design DevOps pipelines and necessary cloud and tool infrastructure Perform proof of concepts to evaluate new technologies for suitability and fit Work closely with Solution Architects, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to meet their environment setup and service automation needs Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments using AzureDevOps , GitHub Workflows and Actions Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple area Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- 5+ years of DevOps experience.
- Proficient in Code Quality, Test Automation Tools e.g. SonarQube, Selenium and embedding them into Continuous Integration Pipelines.
- Experience implementing processes to improve velocity, provisioning, increasing reliability/availability of platform
- Experience with DevOps tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Selenium, SonarQube, Docker, ACR, AKS, Helm etc
- Hands on experience with Pipeline creation from scratch and troubleshooting cloud configuration issues
- Must have prior experience with GitHub, GitHub Workflows and Actions, Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven experience with PowerShell Scripting for administration and automation, working with APIs, Microservices in Kubernetes, maintaining infrastructure in Windows and RedHat servers.
- Understanding of bug tracking tools like JIRA
- Strong understanding of DevOps concepts - Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, Continuous testing, Deployment, Infrastructure Monitoring and Configuration
- Deep knowledge of Azure Cloud platform and services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
N ice to have Skills :
DevSecOps experience is a plus.
3+ years of experience in designing and implementing Docker/Kubernetes solutions (AKS preferred)