|Date Posted||April 15, 2021|
• Building Calpine's IT Servers in Azure (windows, Linux) from scratch according to user requirements.
• Monitoring the servers by using tools like Azure Log Analytics.
• Automating Server Builds using PowerShell and Azure CLI.
• Creating blob, file share storages in Azure and secure them based on Calpine standards and policies
• Building azure WebApps based on users' requirements.
• Automating building processes using common tools like Ansible etc., which includes patching, configuration management, server commissioning etc.
• Troubleshooting and providing operational support.
• Adding extra storage disks to the Linux and Windows servers
• Creating Development environments Like CAT(customer acceptance test) and QA environments on the user requirements
• Creating RHEL Images from Scratch and storage to it by doing LVM.
• Writing shell script for monitoring Audit Logs
• Creating Automation for all the environments by using Scripting Languages like Ruby,Shell, Powershell.
• Using CI/CD Tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps, and Octopus
• Documenting the Development environments creation process and updating confluence
• Debugging the code based issues in the Development stages
• Configuring the webservers according to the required application
• Writing SQL query's to test the performance-based issues.
• Experience in designing cloud, Web, and middleware solutions, supporting them with solution approach, POCs, and development/migration Plans.
• Analyzing and identifying applications for cloud assessment and fitment, mapping the workloads across IaaS, PaaS, and private clouds.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience in Azure Cloud infrastructure, Micro-service architectures, Operations, or DevOps roles.
• Strong Linux (Ubuntu/Redhat/Centos)administration skills
• Strong Windows Administration skills
• Strong experience in converting manual tasks through automation for deployments and Operations.
• Experience in Cloud infrastructure, Containerization architectures, Operations roles.
• Proficiency in Linux, Azure, and distributed application architectures
• Experience in distributed applications on public cloud providers such as Azure.
• Expert command of config. Management principles and an ability to code your desired state, preferably using Chef or Ansible, or Puppet.
• Experience with provisioning and configuration management tools and technologies such as GIT, Jira, Bitbucket, and others strongly preferred
• Enhance the stability, scalability, monitoring, cost efficiency, and maintainability of the development and production infrastructure, using tools like Team City, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.
• Knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies
• Experience working with databases MySQL, SQL, Oracle
• Experience in managing Retail Energy applications, ETRM applications & commercial retail real-time web applications.
• Excellent knowledge of Shell, Bash, PowerShell, or other scripting languages.
• Experience with Monitoring tools, preferably Azure Log Analytics, Azure Network Watcher.
• Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
• Experience with application development and related technology stack, preferably Drupal or .Net
• Experience in Migrating Applications from On-Perm to Azure cross-platform from AIX to Redhat Linux or Ubuntu Linux.
• Technical certification in Microsoft administration, development languages, databases, security, and DevOps tools
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP