|Date Posted||November 5, 2019|
The Azure Engineer is responsible for implementation, management, and automation of the public cloud offerings for our client. The Azure Engineer will assist with the design and provide cloud training to other members of the team. This person will operate in a multitenant cloud environment that consists of 200+ companies, 4 global private datacenters, and public cloud presence.
In cooperation with other internal teams, he/she delivers the highest level of technical expertise and excellence in cloud management to meet the customers' established expectations. He/she works across multiple teams to define cloud technology requirements, policies and standards.
Principal Responsibilities, Activities and Accountabilities:
- Manage multiple Azure Enterprise Agreements across different global regions
- Be familiar with global management tools and framework for governance and cost controls
- Be familiar with tools and solutions to integrate, automate, and orchestrate cloud operational needs
- Implement identity management for 100+ subscriptions
- Develop and implement multi-tenant environments within Azure and hybrid clouds
- Develop and implement continuous integration process for Instances and Solutions
- Be familiar with automate processes using PowerShell, ARM, JSON and scripting utilities
- Create implementation guidelines and reusable design templates wherever possible
- Work with entire Cloud Practice team to develop cloud skillsets
- Establish engineering and automation objectives for colleagues
- Consult with customers on net new and migration cloud projects
- Provide third-level support and provide root cause analysis of issues
In addition to hands-on responsibility, the following activities may involve oversight of others' work:
- Maintain and verify system documentation.
- Maintain security standards in Azure per the Center for Internet Security benchmarks
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance
- Respond promptly to resolve issues reported through the ticketing system.
- Assist with capacity planning
- Comply with policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain positive customer relationships.
- Resolve technical issues within Service Level Agreements.
- Support implementation of customer initiatives.
- Maintain technical expertise.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives for solving problems or improving processes and procedures.
- Director of Cloud Practice
- Our clients DataCenter and Cloud Services teams.
- Various of our client customers and vendors.