|Date Posted||April 15, 2021|
Azure Software Architect - PERM
Our client, a top Microsoft Partner, is looking for an Azure Software Architect to join their team.
- Location: Columbia, SC - must be willing to travel to clients on-site post-Covid
- Travel Requirements: 10% within Columbia
- Consult with clients to build and architect new solutions, data center migrations, and scaling their adoption of Microsoft Azure.
- Review and evaluate architectures of existing systems and software products to identify reuse and platforming opportunities as well as refactoring opportunities.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to the teams in the implementation of established architectures and designs.
- Mentor and coach architects and developers to ensure that architecture and requirements best practices are followed.
- Establish and enforce quality standards for cloud software architectures.
- Drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and the sales team.
- The role is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience.
- Own the Azure technical customer engagement including developing the architectural design on specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and Cloud solution architecture components of customer facing contract bid responses.
- Assess Azure footprint readiness for deployment activities.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security and storage.
- Understanding of how to build resilient multi-site architectures.
- Hands-on with tools & methods in capability, business transformation delivery, sizing & estimations
- Experience with Windows, Linux and Unix platforms.
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef, ARM Templates, and Puppet is preferred.
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: PowerShell, Bash, .Net, .Net Core, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails is preferred.
- Required: Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure Storage, Networking and Security Solutions, ARM Templates, JSON scripting, Windows and/or Linux administration, Azure App Services, Orchestration, Kubernetes, and Containers (Docker).
- Preferred: Azure Cloud Native Azure Integration Services (Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus & Event Grid) Azure SQL Database, Azure Web Jobs, MySQL, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, SharePoint on Azure, Hyper-V, VMWare, System Center, firewalls, Web App proxies, Bash, BGP, Chef, Puppet, OSS Technologies, PowerShell scripting, Operations Management Suite (OMS).
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication Certifications.
- Experience as a team lead in consultative role on customer engagements involving software application projects.
- Ability to be hands-on in leadership roles as well as manage others to execute and deliver project deliverables.
- 3+ years senior level support with cloud infrastructure as part of responsibilities
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support team
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate, MCSA Linux on Azure Solutions Associate
- Architect Exam priorities: Architecting Azure Solutions 70-534, AZ - 300 & AZ - 301, 70-533, AZ - 100 & 101 Implementing