|Location||San Bernardino, CA|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2021|
Azure Solution Architect
CGI is seeking an Azure Solution Architect to join our team!
To support this critical project, you will define and implement the Azure cloud solution for this large, refactored application.
Work as part of the engineering team to design and develop the cloud solution.
Ensures that requirements and on-going development efforts are considered as part of the cloud refactoring and migration approach and plans.
Evaluates methods to optimize and enhance the application within cloud environment to maximize performance and minimize costs.
You will be a part of an exciting, multi-year project entailing the design, development, and operation of a replacement system for a large-scale, financially focused, and mission-critical legacy system.
This system will be developed using the most advanced .NET technologies with C# and SQL and will be cloud-based using highly automated DevSecOps and Azure toolsets.
Following production, the project team will operate, support, and maintain the new system within Azure and will build pre-defined, technology aggressive enhancements over several years.
The client is located in Southern California and most of the effort will performed in a virtual environment using agile methods. This is the ideal project for highly talented, experienced professionals seeking development challenges using state-of-the-art technologies, tools, and methods.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Designs and develops the Azure cloud solution to host a large business-critical application including production, development, and other environments
• Creates and presents solution designs, options, ideas, and innovations
• Assists with converting application code and databases to modern languages and structures using automated tools
• Deploys the application and data into the new Azure environments utilizing Azure DevOps Pipelines and automation
• Integrates converted code, new databases, and interfaces into the modernized application
• Establishes project estimates and plans, identifies risks and mitigations, oversees development and delivery of technical solutions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or related discipline
• Azure Solution Architect Certification
• 11+ years of experience
• Knowledge of modern application design principles
• Familiar with Microservices and componentized architectures
• Familiar using Windows Server Operating System
• Experience working in an Agile DevSecOps team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $107K-$165K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.