|Date Posted||January 13, 2022|
The Cloud Systems Engineer is part of the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) - Hosting Services Department. This role includes responsibility for the engineering, planning, management, support, and oversight of the On-Premise and Public Cloud environment.
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) - Hosting Services Department owns the engineering, planning, development, delivery, and support of Windows, Linux, Unix, private and public cloud infrastructure services globally. The technology landscape includes platforms and technologies that support the following services:
- Windows services
- Virtualization services
- Azure Compute services
- Azure Governance, Control and Security services
- Azure Monitoring and Cost Management services
- Infrastructure as Code Deployment and Management of Azure resources
- Leveraging Terraform/ARM, Azure Repo (Git) and Azure Pipelines
- Infrastructure Cloud services
- Automation and Orchestration
- Performance and Capacity Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, analyze and resolve the most complex cloud, and on-premise based issues.
- Manage multiple initiatives independently.
- Ensure consistent provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection including both on-prem and Azure
- Manage and provide current usage statistics and providing future projected growth estimates
- Support application owners, hosting platforms and other IT groups in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Provide technical guidance to team members on Cloud and on-premise Technologies
- Provide input into SCJ strategies and budgets
- Perform cross-functional tasks for Cloud Services to support distributed, Windows environments and technologies as it pertains to implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and upgrades of the infrastructure services
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation if needed to resolve critical issues
- May be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends
- Provide consultation to business partners on improving service delivery
- Engineer and develop enterprise hosting solutions to support the organization strategy
- Knowledge of engineering, developing or provisioning public cloud services
- Ensure high and low-level designs are produced with least risk, least cost and highest operational integrity in service information technology and business drivers
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related degree or relevant military experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of experience supporting distributed, Windows environments and technologies including Windows Server O/S, VMWare, Converged and HCI Platforms
- 3+ years of experience in the engineering, and support of Cloud and on-premise platforms and technologies within medium to large-scale companies - Microsoft Azure preferred
- 3+ years of experience with one or more scripting and automation tools (PowerShell, Perl, Terraform)
- SCCM experience for patch management, software delivery, and inventory management
- Demonstrate problems solved or services delivered through scripting and automation
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with engineering, deploying, and configuring Azure services (Hosting, Network, Identity)
- Experience with writing code and deploying infrastructure using Terraform
- Experience with DEV/OPS, Git and its workflows, Azure Repo/GitHub
- Experience with authoring code for Azure Pipelines (YAML based multi-stage) and set up workflow for deployment using the pipelines
- Experience with network layers and network infrastructures
- Azure certification (Admin or Architect)
- Experience in hosting private and public cloud solutions
- Cloud-based security controls
- Disaster Recovery / Resiliency
- Experience in working with onsite/offshore support model/framework
- Self-driven and ability to identify tasks/activities required to keep the environment healthy
- Understanding of performance and capacity management and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future