|Location||Long Beach, CA|
|Date Posted||January 7, 2020|
Currently seeking a Senior Azure Cloud Infrastructure Architect. The ideal candidate has expert level knowledge and experience in designing, migrating, and implementing complex hosting solutions and migrations. As we migrate our On-Prem machines to Azure you will guide the project team on how they will implement our new Cloud systems. The position will work closely with Product Owners, Applications Owners, Network and security team to deliver the best solution for large scale infrastructure design and application migrations.
• Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure with a focus on Azure (AWS is a plus) using industry best practices.
• Define and implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Azure.
• Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process. Work closely with the Development and Operations teams to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure.
• Strong understanding of Azure Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS) and options to support the migration process. This will include and not limited to Azure database migration technologies and refactoring options.
• Work closely with product owners, to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables.
• Application rationalization, scoring, mapping dependencies and define roadmaps to support the application migration
• Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
• Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems to ensure compliancy with mandated policies (e.g., HIPAA)
Cloud Architecture and Design and Development (50%):
• Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
• Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture, including Azure and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management.
• Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud.
• Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
• Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
• Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
• Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications.
• Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
• Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements.
• Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners.
• Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk.
• Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations.