|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
Cloud & Infrastructure SME
We have got an exciting new opportunity for a Cloud & Infrastructure SME to join the PIB Group as we continue to grow.
You will take ownership as subject matter as an expert of a defined technology stack for the following areas:
- Cloud Network Management
- Cloud Services Cost Management and Billing
- Cloud Governance and Compliance
- Cloud Security Tooling & Identity Access Management
- Cloud Infrastructure
You will be responsible for using public cloud platforms - including innovative use of SaaS or PaaS offerings - to solve business problems (AWS or Azure).
Responsible for the planning, migration and continuous improvement of each aligned technology stack as part of the wider IT integration project of works.
- Championing migration and public cloud You will keep appraised of the latest technologies/tools and champion new ways to complete migrations to reduce cost, risk and friction for the business.
- Develop partnerships You will actively participate in developing and improving our migration/technology partnerships to benefit cloud migrations and deliver positive business outcomes.
- Reducing Total Cost of Ownership through innovative use of public cloud and other mechanisms.
- Work with the IT management team to improve the BCP/DR capabilities of our public cloud.
- Ensure successful delivery of all assigned technical aspects of the project, that the work is performed to a high standard, in accordance with the project plan and project budget and pro-active engagement and communication is maintained with all key stakeholders.
- Provide 3rd line technical support for service issue escalations from the IT Helpdesk and internal teams, including user guides training and knowledge sharing as required.
- Any relevant GCSE, A-Level, BTEC, degree or ITIL qualifications. AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional
- Expertise in using multiple public cloud providers (AWS and Azure).
- Cloud automation techniques and tooling.
- Experience in AWS/Azure cost management
- IT Infrastructure, O365 and Cloud Migrations
- You will need to have people/Team management skills, excellent communication both written and verbal, be a proactive problem solver and independent thinker and have the ability to prioritise your time across multiple major projects
Full Job Description available on request
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Ref: 102 636