|Date Posted||June 5, 2021|
Cloud Support Engineer
We are looking for a passionate Cloud Support Engineer to join us and support our infrastructure and provide an outstanding service to our Public sector partners. The cloud support team are centric in ensuring our customers have a smooth deployment and fantastic ongoing support to achieve their business goals.
Cloud Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develops relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners.
- Conduct onboarding meetings with new customers, to introduce them to the service provided by UKCloud.
- Contribute to projects that require close collaboration between UKCloud Support team and Customer Success teams (Service Delivery managers, Profesional Services team, Project Managers).
- Configuring and Deploying Customer cloud capabilities, UKCloud Managed services, Network configurations.
- Contributes to the creation of resources (tools, scripts, diagnostics, content) to improve troubleshooting.
- Contribute to a culture of advanced technical knowledge, customer service excellence and positive customer outcomes.
- Accurately record, update, manage and resolve tickets using the call tracking system whilst keeping all parties (internal or external) informed of the tickets progression via phone and email.
- Respond to incoming monitoring alerts by raising tickets and escalating as required in accordance with priorities and agreed service levels.
- Ensuring all changes are documented through the Change Management Process.
Cloud Support Engineer Requirements:
- Experience of running a business critical platform in a 24/7 ITIL environment.
- Understanding of core datacentre technologies: Servers, Networks, Storage (SAN, NAS & DAS) ideally gained through an operational support background.
- IaaS (VMware, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack).
- Interest in Information Technology and a keenness to develop IT skills.
- Problem solving skills specifically root cause analysis.
- Able to work effectively and deliver a high standard of work in a busy office environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with people at all levels whilst also having good written and verbal communication skills.
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities - Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
You may have experience of the following: Cloud Services, Cloud Support Engineer, Network Services Engineer, Network Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Network Support Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Operations Engineer, IT Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Technician, Infrastructure Support, Infrastructure Lead, Network Engineer, etc.