|Date Posted||October 1, 2021|
Desktop Support Engineer
Are you looking to work with a dynamic and innovative operations team, focusing primarily on desktop support? Citywire is a fast paced international company in vibrant Vauxhall, London. We support over 300 users globally and all the systems that allow them to perform in their role. These systems include Windows environments to studio broadcasts and worldwide events. In addition we also support the hardware/software that powers our websites, iPhone/Android apps and internal systems.
Reporting directly to the Support Team Lead, you will be the sort of Support Engineer who thrives on solving people’s problems and will be an expert in managing priorities without letting issues fall through the cracks. You’ll know when to ask for help from others in the team, often taking the initiative to come up with new ways of doing things and introducing new solutions to the business.
Citywire helps investors and asset managers to connect in many ways: Citywire publishes its own news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors – from financial advisers, wealth managers to fund selectors - make the best decisions about where to place their clients' money. We currently employ around 300 people with offices around the world in London, New York, Munich, Milan and Singapore, but we have a presence in countries all over the globe. It's an exciting time to join us since we're expanding our teams and delivering on new projects that will take Citywire to the next level. .
In addition to desktop support, you will get exposure to lots of great technology including Enterprise Network Appliance SAN’s, VMWare, SonicWall VPN’s and Microsoft Products. Travelling will be required also to support our world class events and office visits.
- Managing helpdesk – creating users, provisioning equipment to agreed build standards, following up on issues
- User hardware lifecycle management
- Supporting our physical and virtual events
- Tracking of assets
- Efficient stock control of assets
- Effective prioritization
- Managing users expectations in an efficient, knowledgeable and professional manner
- Learning how systems function and the roles they perform
- Providing remote and hands on support to events handling high pressure situations
Job specific skills / requirements
- At least one year experience in a busy customer facing IT Support role
- The ability to travel in the UK and overseas to set up & support events (approx. 15 trips per annum of around 3 days each)
- Proven ability to solve problems in a logical, quick & efficient manner
- Strong working experience of:-
- Active Directory Management (including Azure AD)
= Office 365 (Exhange Hybrid)
- Google G Suite
- Windows 10 support and deployment
- Microsoft products including SQL server
- Wi-Fi Technologies
- A keen interest in IT, from home hobbyist to IT professional
Who we are
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural - conversely not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
Competitive salary and additional company benefits
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
- We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly
- Eye-test and glasses allowance
- Medical and Dental private insurance available after probation (3 months)
- Competitive private pension scheme
- Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day 1
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometric tests
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer