|February 8, 2024
|New York, NY
ECI is the leading global provider of managed services, cybersecurity, and business transformation for mid-market financial services organizations across the globe.From its unmatched range of services, ECI provides stability, security and improved business performance, freeing clients from technology concerns and enabling them to focus on running their businesses.More than 1,000 customers worldwide with over $3 trillion of assets under management put their trust in ECI.
At ECI, we believe success is driven by passion and purpose. Our passion for technology is only surpassed by our commitment to empowering our employees around the world.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, personable, and qualified Desktop Support Engineer - Microsoft, Azure, O365 to join our amazing team! In this role, you will provide end-user desktop support to multiple users running Windows, Exchange and Office 365 environments.
The Desktop Support Engineer - Microsoft, Azure, O365 will provide desktop support and end-user server administration for all client issues while responding to Level 1 and 2 service tickets.You will work shoulder to shoulder with an awesome team and escalate all problems to the next level of support for guidance as well as contact third-party vendors for warranty service repair.
In this onsite role, you may be designated to one or more of our flagship clients in NYC.You may occasionally be required to travel within the NY tri-state area.
What you will do:
- Resolve level 1 and 2 support cases and work orders associated with end-user issues, physical and cloud infrastructure, and project related tasks
- See the world through the eyes of the customer by setting client expectations appropriately throughout the troubleshooting process
- Resolve incidents and requests related to, but not limited to the following: Mail Application/Office 365 issues, Client/Server Connectivity issues, Time Sensitive and VIP Workstation incidents, File Restores, Remote Access incidents (Citrix and Terminal Services), Password Resets, Networked Printer Issues to name a few
- Execute basic system maintenance including software and operating system patching, software version upgrades and critical patch applications
- Provide support of Active Directory such as add/remove users, password resets, Group Policy application, task scheduling
- Interface with common technology support tools such as Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM), Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Occasional travel within the tri-state area as needed.
Who you are:
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to articulate technical information to non-technical people.Jargon need not apply here!
- Excellent prioritization skills and an ability to see the world through the eyes of the customer
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology related field, or 3+ years of equivalent combination of technical experience and education in the following:
- Microsoft Office 365 (O365)
- Microsoft Operating Systems such as Windows Server and Windows 10/11
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Active Directory including account creation, modification and password resets
- Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Client VPN setup and troubleshooting
- Understanding of e-mail and spam technologies, and how messaging flows through these systems
- Basic understanding of cyber-security concepts and technologies, such as Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Hands-on hardware experience with desktops, laptops, and servers
- Familiarity with file system support including permissions, sharing, backups and restores
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft 365 suite
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Managed Service Providers (MSP)
- Experience with VM Ware
- Experience with Azure
ECI's culture is all about connection - connection with our clients, our technology and most importantly with each other.In addition to working with an amazing team around the world, ECI offers a competitive compensation package:the anticipated range for this role is $75K-$100K based upon location, experience, education/skill level, and includes unlimited PTO, benefit eligibility the first of the month, pet insurance, 401K with employer match and so much more!If you believe you'd be a great fit and are ready for your best job ever, we'd like to hear from you!
Love Your Job, Share Your Technology Passion, Create Your Future Here!