|Location||Saint Paul, MN|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2020|
We're in search of a DevOps Engineer who will manage and monitor our Azure Cloud infrastructure, but at the same time enabling teams to be independent through best practices, standards, reference implementations and patterns that allow our teams to build and deploy more reliably with greater stability. We're looking for someone who will enable teams to move faster and become independent, but also be consistent across the enterprise. You'll need to have strong experience in Azure, because you'll be creating ARM to build/deploy React front-ends, AKS deployed .Net microservices, databases, API gateways and other Azure services you should be fluent in .Net, too. We need someone who is well-versed in Azure and industry best practices. Someone who is good at mentoring, coaching and documenting effectively. It'll definitely help to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Define, document and implementing patterns for automated CICD pipelines for the Azure DevOps and assisting teams setting up their pipelines.
- Reviewing and validating team pipelines and ARM templates (or Terraform files), preferably in an automated way.
- Defining templates/patterns for ARM templates/Terraform for deploying the full stack of Azure resources, including patterns for shared resources and databases.
- Collaborating with the Infrastructure team
- Establishing and supporting source control patterns.
- Establishing scalability, reliability, security patterns.
- Establishing observability and monitoring patterns and tools suitable for microservices environment. Including Application Insights, Sumo Logic in support of distributed logging and tracing.
- Responsible for provisioning and managing AKS as well as other shared resources.
- Responsible for monitoring against the SLAs and working with the teams to ensure appropriate observability and monitoring.
- Implementing high availability and DR solutions
- Implementing dashboards, health check patterns, etc.
- Being an active member of the platform team, cross-training, and supporting component teams.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Organizing and running game days.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Able to support and implement a service mesh, including side cars.
DevOps Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Azure and Windows-based infrastructures.
- Strong experience with: SQL Server, ARM Templates (and/or Terraform), PowerShell, Application Insights.
- Strong experience with networking, firewalls, NAT, security groups, virtual networks, backups, redundancy, disaster recovery, scalability, reliability, API gateways.
- Strong experience with observability and monitoring concepts.
- Strong experience with automated build tools such as Azure DevOps, Team City, Jenkins, and CI/CD.
- Strong experience with distributed source control systems like Git, GitHub, Mercurial.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such asPowerShell and/or Bash.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Bi-weekly payroll
- 401k plan
- Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
- Delivery Director for employee success and support
- Established consultant re-marketing program for our 50+ local clients!
- Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”