|Published||November 22, 2022|
The Azure + Industry Marketing team is responsible for the marketing strategy, GTM, and customer experience for Azure CSAs: Infrastructure, Digital & Application Innovation, Data + AI, Industry and Education marketing. Come join Azure + Industry Marketing and help define the executive narrative through and help drive our organizational culture by leading our team culture initiatives.
We're looking for a dynamic individual who will:
• Must have a focus and passion around creation and implementation of communication narratives and storytelling.
• Passionate around the discipline of creating story arcs, inspiring others, and connecting ideas to incite action.
• Embrace diversity and talent development within your team and adopt a coaching mentality.
Ability to communicate clear goals to your team, stakeholders, and customers while delivering outcomes with accuracy.
• Get energy from establishing trusted relationships across internal and external stakeholders.
• Disrupt thinking with both a positive and consultative approach.
• Someone who will live our values of respect, integrity and accountability.
Executive Communication Strategy
• Develops collateral materials (e.g., decks, posts, talking points) for use in specific communications initiatives, speaking engagements, events, and key moments. Makes cause and effect connections to ensure content is consistent across the channels with which Microsoft is connected to a given audience. Understands how audience is being addressed by others and the appropriateness of formats (e.g., Live and in-person, webinars, podcasts, posts, other vehicles) for one-to-one (1:1) and one-to-many (1:many) engagements. Recommends and develops frameworks and commensurate collateral. Solicits feedback and iterates as appropriate. Modifies narratives in real time based on reaction/response. Tests effectiveness of messaging. Understands available channels, which channels to leverage, and what to advocate for in terms of messaging. Takes steps to ensure work is complementary and not duplicative or conflicting with others' efforts. Understands standardized tools and templates available and uses them appropriately. Executes strategy with adherence to program. Using judgment and flexibility to align activities to overall strategy.
Communication Strategy Setting and Planning
• Develops thought leadership initiatives to form communications strategy and planning. Defines and executes tactics in support of overall strategy, ensuring consistency of voice across messages and channels. Participates in business planning discussions as appropriate. Translates value proposition into effective communications strategies and storytelling that resonate with target audience(s). Understands, segments, and targets audience needs and adapts communications strategies accordingly. Scales messages appropriately for a given effort, including expertise in the levers to use to achieve scale and planning for scale from the outset. Translates value proposition into effective communications strategies and storytelling that resonate with target audience(s). Understands audience needs and adapts communications strategies accordingly. Scales messages appropriately for a given effort.
Storytelling and Messaging
• Uses storytelling framework and methodology to land key narratives. Collaborates across teams to develop and integrate stories (customer, partner, solution focused) in ways that generate positive perceptions towards Microsoft. Determines the format of stories. Leverages expertise to determine what format is most appropriate and meaningful for a story and target audience(s). Attends to cadence of storytelling (e.g., duration, evolution), including content development and curation to land a story. Ensures confluence of content and audience across stories.
Orchestration and Agency/Vendor Management
• Collaborates with others on the development and production of communications materials and deployment of communications tactics. With guidance, proactively includes relevant others to inform content and messaging. Engages with internal and external stakeholders to meet objectives. Leads and directs agency teams as needed. Follows guidance to drive decision making in determining need for agency/vendor partnership, choosing and managing agency/vendor relationships.
• Identifies needed content and develops content to support education, guidance, and advice to internal stakeholders, customers, and partners on communications strategy and tactics. Develops expertise in stakeholder groups and individuals and leverages that understanding in execution of tasks. Solicits understanding of perspective, goals, and desired outcomes of stakeholders. Establishes, refines, and manages expectations and priorities. Establishes decision making criteria and principles at outset to drive priorities and expectations. Clarifies roles and responsibilities with others to prevent gaps in delivery. Ensures alignment on strategic intent as foundation for execution of tactics. Establishes rhythm of managing content reviews, process management, and milestone workbacks. Recognizes and takes action to be broadly inclusive of perspectives and styles in a manner that suits stakeholders. Resolves issues within scope and escalates issues as needed. Gathers and shares feedback appropriately.
• Identifies opportunities to enhance reputation and perception and develops content accordingly, including correcting inaccuracies when they occur. Identifies and takes action to address potential reputation risk issues. Develops content to mitigate those risks. Acts as a trusted advisor within Microsoft by advancing and protecting the corporate image and reputation. Anticipates, understands, and leverages factors that impact reputation (e.g., privacy, data). Determines what is appropriate to withhold, share, continue, or stop based on relevant internal and external factors. Engages with others to manage and conduct research on people, platforms, and forums to determine appropriateness, impact, risk, vulnerabilities, and alignment of values. Recommends and implements course of action accordingly.
Drive and Monitor Messaging and Impact
• Monitors, tracks, and analyzes the impact of and responses to messaging for a given issue. Creates responsive materials as needed. Engages others appropriately in responsive efforts. Leverages insights to inform data-driven proactive approaches. Mentors others in best practices. Shares and socializes insights with stakeholders on reputational impact. Gathers, leverages, and synthesizes data to guide insights and iterate solutions. Mentors others in the use of data to drive outcomes. Identifies, develops, and implements measures to evaluate effectiveness and to iterate as content, platforms, and desired outcomes evolve.
• Monitors team/organization health and supports the leader in responding to team culture issues, as well as promoting culture initiatives (e.g., Diversity and Inclusion [D&I], onboarding).
• Tracks MS Insights and other survey and response tools to drive initiatives to support the team based on learning and feedback.
• Owns Culture Crew initiatives and programs across the organization
• Works with individuals and teams to develop and maintain platform and voice, aligned to team, business, and organizational objectives. Develops materials to develop, support, and enhance the voice and platform of one or more executives. Develops and implements editorial strategy and calendar to support platform and alignment to goals of the business and desired outcomes or objectives for the executive(s). Develops and deploys outbound channel strategy (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn).
• Develops materials for internal and external communications including briefing materials, scripting/messaging for internal keynotes, presentations, media engagements, social media, and events. Ensures the use of current and relevant templates and materials. Builds on effectiveness of previously used materials.
• Develops materials, identifies issues and gaps in communication, and recommends courses of action to address urgent and emergent situations in a comprehensive and timely manner. Takes action to maintain global and holistic organizational perspective. Proactively identifies and includes relevant parties to ensure issues are addressed comprehensively across stakeholder groups. Advocates and creates visibility for issues. Anticipates potential scale of impact and responds accordingly.
• Leads strategy development internally for employee communications. Drives an over-arching cadence of communications and platforms (top of mind, other internal initiatives). Collaborates internally with others to create communications and develop platforms to inform and facilitate employee communications, including negotiating with collaborators to align on priorities. Ensures alignment to corporate employee communications focus areas around building confidence in Microsoft mission and strategy, accelerating culture change and celebrating employee pride and encouraging evangelism. Supports leader communications, including all-hands, SharePoint sites, organization emails, etc. Measures, plans, and informs team efforts by utilizing data and insights from internal surveys and feedback channels. Creates content and storytelling that is current and aligned with internal and external relevant corporate guidance (e.g., legal and policy regulations, financial). Drives the adoption and use of new technology and tools to help facilitate two-way dialogue between leaders and employees.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Finance, or related field, AND 7+ years expertise in Communications, along with skills such as Marketing Operations, Field Operations, Program Management, Project Management, or equivalent expertise considered.
For CO based residents, the salary range for this role is from $172,660-197,333. At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.