|Published||January 20, 2023|
Head of IT - Up to £120,000
The Head of Technology / IT Director is responsible for providing technical oversight and leadership across the Infrastructure, Applications, Information Security and Development teams. Focused on service delivery to both our customers and colleagues, ensuring internal systems and hosted infrastructure are secure, performant, and reflective of a leading technology business should be the priority.
They should be an excellent communicator, liaising with business leaders to ensure technology is used effectively and helps deliver a user experience that is fitting with the culture and brand of the business, constantly looking at how it can drive optimisation and efficiencies. They should also ensure our client facing services are delivered using the most effective technology available and create a positive customer experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Strong architectural design skills and the ability to discuss the merits and trade-offs of using any particular design approach and technology.
- Understand our clients strategic needs, short and long-term business objectives and then articulate and formulate proposals and statements of work which are aligned to our cloud solutions
- Ensure that Technology delivers a robust, secure, performant infrastructure
- Ensure a positive user experience for our people
- Develop the Company's technology vision and take ownership of the resultant strategy
- Create a technology plan, prioritizing the projects and initiatives based on impact to the company's market position and profitability
- Work with the infrastructure team to develop a roadmap to ensure systems are updated in a timely and efficient manner, leveraging Public Cloud where possible
- Communicate complex topics to technical and non technical audiences both internally and sometimes externally.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Team leadership and development
- Communication and building business sponsorship
- Proven experience in operating as part of a team that places emphasis on fostering a high degree of coordination between functions, communication with senior business leaders and the ability to deliver results in a timely fashion
- Enthusiastic about all things public cloud. Experience with hands on implementation on platforms including at least one of: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud
- Interested in understanding the wider business context of a client and how technology can enable their required outcomes
- As well as public cloud, you can show experience in one or more related cloud technology areas that interests you, for example: DevSecOps, containers, serverless, APIs, continuous delivery patterns, IaC, cloud native app development
Please send your CV to s.wolosz[Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call Sebastian on 0203 148 4651 for more details on the role.
Nigel Frank International is the global leading Microsoft Technology Recruitment firm, providing the most Azure / DevOps opportunities within the global market. Dealing with both Microsoft Gold Partners and End Users, our specific DevOps, Azure and technical Development team specialise in the highest amount of exclusive live roles within the UK market, enabling us to match your requirements with a broad range of exciting opportunities.
Our client relationships have been built up through our extensive knowledge and experience within the industry, with clients using our service time and again for the best experience within the DevOps and Azure markets. I am interested in speaking to any DevOps / Azure candidate who is seeking their next career move, and can ensure complete confidentiality in the process.
.NET, C#, WPF, Web Applications, Agile, Scrum, TDD, BDD, TDD, CI/CD, Powershell, SQL, RDMS, Azure, AWS, Windows, Linux, London, Remote, Home-Based