|Date Posted||October 1, 2019|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Nowhere is this mission more alive, and our opportunity so great, than in the education industry.
The profound workplace shift that has taken place has created a need for talent development and reskilling to meet current and future demands. We live in a global, connected, and ever-changing world where people are our most important and needed natural resource. We must prepare them to be successful today and to create future leaders. Microsoft is a learning company and education remains a core priority for Microsoft and to help us respond to market trends, education digital transformation opportunities and ready students for a changing workforce come and join a team that is empowering every student on the planet to achieve more.
We are looking for a world-class Business Leader to lead our Higher Education business in EMEA. This individual will report to the EMEA Education Regional Business Leader and be responsible for our strategy, revenue and scorecard for higher education across the six EMEA areas (UK, France, Germany, Western Europe, MEA and CEE). In addition, they will lead our strategy for supporting Academic Research through cloud technologies and building research communities across EMEA. Ensuring a strong ecosystem of ISV and SI partners that focus on the Higher Education sector.
This role will serve as a member of the EMEA Education Leadership Team and will be accountable for driving digital transformation across our Education Priority Accounts delivering revenue growth, cloud adoption, consumption and customer satisfaction. The role encompasses the following key responsibilities/accountabilities:
• Developing and leading our strategy for Higher Education and Research in EMEA
• Coaching and mentoring Higher Education Account Executives and Education Industry Managers to support our efforts to deliver on Digital Transformation.
• Disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase case for change and Microsoft's unique value proposition for education
• Leadership with a customer-centric approach, that drives simplicity and tech intensity to:
• Drive student and educator usage by focusing on strategic workloads in Office 365 (Forms, Teams, OneNote)
• Grow usage of integrated learning solutions on the Microsoft platform (Office 365, School Data Synch, Teams, Edge, Dynamics 365)
• Grow and protect Windows 10 device share, by creating demand for experiences specific to Windows
• Drive Azure as the cloud for education, especially in academic research by establishing strategic design wins across top research institutions
• Grow awareness/usage of the Microsoft Cloud to close talent gap of students, researchers and faculty/instructors on Azure/Cloud
• Ensuring the development of a strong Microsoft partner ecosystem that focuses on Higher Education across the six areas. Engaging with Enterprise Channel Managers on co-sell partner strategy and engagement.
• Establishing Microsoft as a leader in education transformation and future ready skills championing Microsofts mission to empower every student by supporting education future-ready skills focus across the spectrum of our audience engagements, from high level conversations on skills/employability with leaders, and empowering students to graduate with industry recognized skills
• Remaining focused on customer facing time by running a healthy and predictable business that delivers on a jointly agreed customer Digital Transformation strategy maintaining rigorous sales process compliance
• Continuously nurturing and expanding your sales, industry, technology and competitive knowledge and capabilities
• Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the Microsoft Worldwide Industry Teams to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation offerings
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong Cloud selling skills - ideally with Cloud certifications (Example: AZURE Fundamentals)
• Demonstratable sales leadership experience with people management and leading high performing sales teams and partners to achieve quota and sustainable growth year-over year
• Previous sales experience working in a complex multi-subsidiary environment.
• Proven experience and capability in navigating, networking and influencing in a global organization with matrixed divisions.
• Experience of selling education software solutions (Microsoft software and devices technology preferred) combined with deep understanding of key education solutions and competitive technologies
• Strong business planning and coaching/instilling business discipline skills woven with ability to encourage sales/tech sales team to develop and implement targeted plans
• Possess executive maturity, presence and experience in building trust with senior education decision makers and articulating how education institutions can digitally transform teaching and learning/student outcomes with Microsoft solutions
• Ability to drive digital transformation in a highly competitive environment with proven ability to successfully anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions, address competitive threats and navigate complex customer environments
• Experience in leading and driving the entire sales cycle, orchestrating virtual selling teams where necessary, leveraging repeatable offerings that maximize revenue/market share/consumption opportunities and increase customer satisfaction
• Ability to develop external partner eco-system to scale execution.
• Comfortable with public speaking and the media .
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.