|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Date Posted||October 1, 2019|
Perfect Image is a leading IT solutions provider based in Newcastle upon Tyne with over 27 years of expertise. We work closely with clients to define, implement and support IT solutions which will help to make them drive commercial success.
To continue to meet the growing needs of our current and future clients, we're looking for an enthusiastic and driven Infrastructure Engineer. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for the successful candidate to gain in-depth experience of a wide range of clients across varying industries with an incredibly strong focus around continued development and promotion. With a focus on multiple areas such as Networking, Virtualisation and Cloud this is a great chance to maximise existing Infrastructure skills as well as a clear route in to learning other technologies such as both AWS and MS Azure Cloud technology.
Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Cobalt Business Park, Newcastle
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (Depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, homeworking opportunities, profit and performance related bonus, occupational sick scheme, company pension scheme, career progression plan, cycle to work scheme, childcare voucher scheme.
About the role:
Reporting into the Infrastructure Team Leader you will provide infrastructure support, project delivery and presales consultancy to our internal and external customers across a wide range of technologies throughout the UK. Fundamental to the role is the ability to offer exceptional customer service through excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organisational skills.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for ensuring incidents and requests are resolved in an efficient and professional manner and in line with service level agreements. You are responsible for the provision of hardware and hosting services across all our clients and for our internal network / server environment. The individual should be technically minded, have strong experiencing configuring and supporting MS Windows, Linux and Cloud based environments and networks.
- Provision of quality IT infrastructure support to clients both directly in person or remotely and also indirectly through the Service Desk team.
- Infrastructure support to the Service Desk team when required.
- Configuration and installation of servers, cloud infrastructure, software and networks.
- Maintenance & creation of required technical documentation.
- Involvement in technical pre-sales activities and liaising with the presales consultants.
- Assisting Project Managers with other duties as required.
- Involvement in procurement and scoping of server and network technologies.
- Other ad-hoc work as instructed by the Infrastructure Manager or internal and external customers.
- Occasional working away from home may be required.
A minimum of 4 years' commercial experience in an IT environment whilst working in an Infrastructure role covering the following:
- Excellent understanding and experience of Amazon Web Services and / or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365 products.
- Configuring and maintaining MS Windows 2008 and 2012 Server.
- Configuring and maintaining Linux environments.
- Excellent Understanding of Active-Directory & Group Policy.
- Experience in managing virtualised environments (VMware and Hyper-V).
- Experience with Citrix and MS RDS delivering application and desktop virtualisation.
- Experience in managing MS Exchange 2010 through to 2013 and Exchange Online including backup and recovery maintenance.
- Experience in managing MS SQL 2008 through to 2014 (i.e. backup / restore, general maintenance and clustering / replication).
- Exposure to infrastructure consultancy / project delivery.
- Ability to understand and maintain the network roles (DHCP, DNS, NPS).
- Knowledge of TCP / IP and how to diagnose related problems.
- Excellent knowledge of networking topologies including switching, VLAN's, routing and remote access and various switching layers.
- Experience in managing malware protection systems (i.e. Sophos or Symantec).
- Firewalls and DMZ / perimeter security solutions.
- Citrix Netscaler and other Reverse Proxy solutions.
- Experience in operating and configuring backup solutions (i.e. Backup Exec, Arcserve).
- A good understanding of security best practices.
- Participation in an out of hours on-call rota if required.
- Proven and relevant working experience in a busy, client focused organization.
- Travel to sites as required.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the other IT teams and project services department and third parties.
- You must possess a full UK driving license and have suitable transport with business insurance.
Desirable skills / experience:
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Microsoft Certification.
- Cisco Certification.
- Relevant IT related degree Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Microsoft Azure.
- Extreme Network Access Control.
- Routers and firewalls.
- DevOps experience.
You may have experience of the following: IT Infrastructure, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Technician, Infrastructure Support, Infrastructure Lead, Network Engineer, etc.