|Date Posted||September 11, 2021|
Infrastructure Support Analyst
Nature and Scope:
Infrastructure is core to both on-premises and cloud infrastructure on how the organisation operates. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be an integral part of how Infrastructure operates. The Infrastructure Support Analyst sits within the Infrastructure team in Technology and is responsible for the organisations Cloud Platform and on-premises environments. A dynamic team full of a wide array of skills, a passion for what they do and high drive for success.
To implement and maintain the Technology infrastructure. The post reports directly to the Infrastructure Manager and requires the role holder to help deliver, support, review and take ownership of all infrastructure projects and tasks.
* Support and monitor Cloud based Production Systems
* Build new and maintain existing DevOps pipelines to deploy new solutions or updates into Production systems
* Administrate Identity and Access Management across Cloud technologies
* Creation and maintenance of Terraform scripts to deploy updates to existing Cloud services, and to create new Cloud services
* Support, maintain, and continually review existing infrastructure to include but not be limited to:
o Servers: hardware and operating systems both on premises and cloud
o Core Server Roles: IIS, AD, DNS, DHCP, ADFS, CA
o Server Based Solutions: SQL, Hyper-V
o Cisco Networks and ASA
o Skype / Teams Telephone system
o Backup system
o Azure and office 365 cloud-based systems
o Microsoft System Centre back-office server
o Monitoring solution SolarWinds
* Implement and document new IT Solutions for the business, project managing them from inception to completion.
* Liaise with 3rd party support providers to help support maintain and implement new infrastructure
* Timely resolution of problems.
* Assisting the service delivery teams with incident resolution via a support ticketing system
* Taking ownership of infrastructure projects through to their resolution.
* Match day support throughout the year
Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience supporting Public Cloud technologies (both compute and appropriate managed services)
* Experience using Terraform or an understanding of Infrastructure as Code
* Understanding of Cloud security and associated best practices
* DevOps, pipeline creation / maintenance
* Kubernetes and / or Redhat OpenShift
* Experience working with both Linux and Windows based operating systems
* Experience creating, managing, and deploying Ansible
* The successful candidate must be educated to degree level. Additional Microsoft course completion would be desirable.
* Must have credible support experience, preferably within a small team.
* Must have experience of supporting and implementing infrastructure including, but not limited to the following:
* Windows server 2012/2016 in an Active directory environment.
* Windows 10
* Patch Management deployment
* Excellent knowledge of supporting and maintaining server hardware
* TCPIP / DHCP / DNS / WINS
* SQL 2012 and above
* Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
* Office 365
* Cisco Switches and Routing
* Skype for Business Servers
Skills and Personal Attributes:
* Must demonstrate the highest professional standards of operation and service.
* Must present a highly professional image when representing the Company in person or by phone and command the respect of others.
* Must be "customer service" driven, with a very strong orientation towards serving the needs of others.
* Must have a generally outgoing personality and enjoy social interaction.
* Must be a confident communicator, able to converse with a wide range of people both on the phone and in person.
* Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work, showing attention to detail and an ability to work accurately.
* Must be to organise him/herself effectively and use time efficiently.
* Must be a highly motivated individual possessing good time management skills.
* Must have the ability to work on one's own, taking initiative when resolving problems.
* Must be an effective team member, demonstrating a desire to help colleagues and a willingness to take on roles outside his/her normal functional responsibility when required.
* Must have the stamina and perseverance to cope with heavy workloads and sometimes complex issues.