|Date Posted||June 7, 2021|
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Lead Engineer - Azure
What you’ll discover
- Inclusive culture and career growth opportunities
- Global IT Organization which collaborates across U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia, click here to learn more
- Challenging, collaborative, and team-based environment
What you’ll do
The Global Buying Tools Solution Delivery team develops the software and systems that support TJX’s world-class buying organization. In this role, the successful candidate will support the design, development and implementation of solutions for custom .Net applications that will be used by the more than 1,100 users in our global buying organization.
What you’ll need
Our ideal candidates will have core engineering experience with web applications, mobile optimized solutions, some data analytics experience, and cloud to help further integration and delivery automation for the products our buying organization use.
We want creative people that are familiar with the challenges of designing, developing, and deploying software leveraging Microsoft Azure, as we continue to modernize our business for decades to come.
In this role you will do the following
- Work collaboratively with architecture, security and other engineers to estimate, design, code, deploy and support working software / technology components
- Help onboard, coach and mentor other engineers on the team
- Build systems and services that have immediate impact to our business
- Act in a Lead Engineer capacity for medium to large initiatives, prioritizing and assigning tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues
- Foster the adoption of DevOps culture and capabilities across Agile product delivery teams
- Partner with IT product delivery teams to understand their DevOps capability requirements and to define and deliver effective DevOps solutions to drive efficiencies and improve operational stability
- Set up CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of resources to cloud environments, all at a medium to high level of complexity
- Prepare Production Readiness documentation for implementations of low to medium level of complexity
- Contribute to new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction
- Ensure compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provides Monitoring recommendations for tasks of low to medium level of complexity
- Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years Software Engineering experience
- Microsoft Azure experience with PaaS services such as functions, Logic Apps, WebApps; Storage, Service Bus, Event Grid, Networking and Azure Security Center
- Data storage technologies such as Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL and Azure DataLake services.
- Technical/Hands on experience with at least one of the following DevOps tools: Azure DevOPs, Veracode, SonarQube / SonarCloud, Service Now Change Management
- Technical / Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as ARM templates or bicep
- Experience building YAML CI/CD pipelines
- 2+ years of professional hands-on full-stack development experience with the .NET framework
- Knowledge of .Net Core and .Net 5
- Test automation experience using tools such as Selenium and WinAppDriver
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like AppInsight
- Ability to work in distributed/virtual teams and mentor other engineers
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA