|February 12, 2024
|Allen Park, MI
We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up daily, roll up our sleeves, and build a better world together. At Ford, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress and we're all a part of something bigger than ourselves. You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
As a key member of our Enterprise Technology Group, you'll play a critical part in crafting the future of mobility. If you're looking for the chance to bring to bear advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience, and improve people's lives, this is your opportunity. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help build vehicles as inquisitive as you are.
As a Global Contact Center Data Team Technical Lead, you should have a strong technical background and experience with Azure Data Platform tools and Data Governance practices in the Assist Customer space. Should be also familiar with the platform's features, capabilities, and customization options. They will also enjoy solving complex problems, have strong interpersonal skills, and desire continuous improvement.
Do you have experience leading and managing technical teams, including setting technical goals, providing technical feedback, and fostering a positive technical team culture?
If yes there is an opportunity to be the Technical Lead who will be a member of Ford's Global Contact Center Data team who supports the agent experience using Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise, by supporting the advancement of Data Migration & Data Synchronization, Data Quality. You will lead the technical support for the system agents use daily to assist Ford Motor Companies' customers.
What you'll be able to do:
- Design, develop, and maintain Informatica cloud data integration processes using the appropriate data load technique, including Push-Down Optimization for performance optimization.
- Analyzes the impact of changes on existing ETL processes and systems. Assesses the compatibility with goals in all areas.
- Debug and tune data integration processes; analyze data warehouse architecture, normalized/de-normalized, star schemas and snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, dimensional surrogate key handling, and exception data processing, troubleshoot and recommend improvements and alternate methodologies.
- Design, develop, and maintain Snowflake database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, etc.) and SQL scripts.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural and requirement specifications.
- Analyzes and resolves problems and provides technical assistance as necessary. Implements corrective actions.
- May prepare or review product documentation, written instructions, or technical literature for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintenance of business rules associated with data integration.
- Participate in the fulfillment of ad-hoc data requests from internal business owners.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; provide input to information/data flow, understand, and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- Ensuring that the team's technical solutions are aligned with the overall product strategy and meet the necessary technical standards and requirements.
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for the team, providing technical expertise and guidance to team members as needed.
- Collaborate with other PDO teams and stakeholders to ensure that the product meets technical and business objectives.
- Communicate effectively technical ideas, and technical feedback, and collaborate with technical stakeholders.
- Participate and support in conducting technical design and code reviews. Create, implement, and maintain technical documentation.
- Diagnose and triage technical errors, data issues, and performance challenges.
- Proactively provide feedback throughout the Agile journey, seeking continuous process improvement.
- Perform software and product updates recommended by Ford Motor Company and/or other vendors.
- Manage Azure cloud services like Azure App Services, Azure SQL Database, Azure Blob, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Azure Service Bus, Storage Accounts, Key vaults, Management groups, Azure Data Lake, Scale Sets, Application gateways, App Insights, Logic Apps, Event Hub, Active Directory, Azure Monitoring services.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 5+ years of ETL development experience preferably in Informatica Intelligent Cloud Service (IICS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- 5+ years of experience working with basic Linux Server Operations like managing IDs, access, SFTP file transfer operations, etc.
- 3+ years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience in Service Modules.
- 3+ years of experience in the Development of CRM workflows, Webforms, and Business Rules.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL Server or any relevant database.
- 3+ years of experience in CRM Queue Configuration.
- 3+ years of Team Lead experience.
Our preferred qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- Azure Logic Apps / Power Automate (Cloud Flows).
- Azure SQL Server / Data Export Service (or Azure Synapse) / SSIS (or Azure Data Factory)
- Experience in designing/implementing APIs/Microservices.
- Experience working under the PDO model.
- Familiarity with Agile work practices (backlog, scrum ceremonies, etc.) and associated tools (Rally etc).
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes.
- Strong analytical and critical decision-making skills.
- Ability to derive, define, and explicitly represent various artifacts and results.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including leading problem-solving teams.
- Self-starter; ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Provide support for application performance issues.
- Experience with vendor solution evaluation processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a Product Driven Agile Organization.
What you'll receive in return:
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder...or all the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage, generous PTO, retirement, and savings plans, incentive compensation, tuition assistance, a vehicle discount program, and much more
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Candidates with Ford Motor Company positions must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career and help us define tomorrow's transportation.
About the Team
We believe that freedom of movement drives human progress. Ford Information Technology (IT) is shaping the future of mobility by redefining the transportation landscape, enhancing the customer experience and improving people's lives. Join the Ford family as we change the way the world moves.