|Date Posted||January 31, 2020|
As a trusted partner to our client, we are looking for a Senior Azure Systems Administrator for a full time role in Alexandria VA. This person will be an integral part of a newly formed and rapidly growing Information Technology team. The Senior Azure Systems Administrator interfaces regularly with other Systems Administrators, Network Administrators and Technical Services leadership, and is responsible for the installation, monitoring and support of client facing systems in Azure, cloud-based technologies. He/she will use the skills required of an Administrator role for Office 365 and have the working knowledge of the skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission Azure related services. Additional duties consist of standard Enterprise Data Center support of Servers and Active Directory.
This role is for someone that loves to be hands on in Microsoft and infrastructure technologies, enjoys working in cloud environments and wants to be part of an innovative and exciting team. If this describes you, we'd love to meet you!
- Enhancing of the current Azure cloud environments
- Monitoring and enhancing the security of current and future Azure environments
- Evaluating and automating the scaling and capacity requirements within Azure environments
- Ensuring federated access across Active Directory and Azure AD
- Troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Implementing new environments in the Azure cloud
- Working with application teams to integrate Azure infrastructure components into Venture Global LNG's processes and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Availability to work night and weekend hours on occasion as required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or 7 or more years of equivalent experience
- 5 years or more of experience in supporting applications and functions in the Azure Cloud
- Certification(s) related to the cloud environment preferred, such as MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or CCNA Cloud
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services
- Windows Server and SQL database creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, Azure AD, LDAP and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures, and processes
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting.
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and firewalls a plus
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity and client trouble shooting.
- Excellent PowerShell skills
- Experience with Azure AD, Active Directory including managing/maintaining GPOs