|Date Posted||January 11, 2020|
This is a long term contract for Windows Engineer in Louisville, KY
No Corp to Corp, H1B Visa or Sponsorship
Must have proper work authorization: Green card or US Citizen
This position is responsible for Infrastructure support and administration within Windows, virtualization and datacenter environment. The candidate will serve on projects that require the department’s involvement.
- Participates and manages departmental projects, ensuring that projects are clearly defined, systematically executed, fully documented, and business results oriented. Adherence to Project Management processes and standards are required.
- Supports/contributes/performs operational procedures and standards within assigned department with business objectives in mind, according to vendor best practices and policies.
- Meeting Service Level Agreement’s by completing assigned incident tickets, tasks, and service requests in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, install, upgrade, and/or maintains Windows server environment to support Windows server roles and features.
- Perform on-site datacenter to Microsoft Azure migrations.
- Design/perform Windows Server migrations and IP addressing changes within the operating system.
- Provides 24/7 on call support and basic triage for assigned areas.
- Defines configuration specifications for new systems given application, business, and technical requirements.
- Utilizes problem management techniques to perform root cause analysis of system failures, and implement corrective actions.
- Measures application, OS, and hardware performance, and makes recommendations on correcting bottlenecks in systems performance.
- Communicates and documents operating system, infrastructure and middleware issues within assigned departmental areas.
- Adapts and quickly assimilates new and refreshed operating systems/applications as implemented within the IT Data Center.
- Conducts technical evaluations within assigned departmental areas.
- Solicits feedback and guidance of best practices from manager and senior department team members.
- The ability to serve as coach, mentor, and advisor to department team members, upper management, and act as a liaison to other departments.
- Continually enhances knowledge of IT Operating Systems and standards in order to achieve departmental success and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- 8+ years working in an IT department.
- Microsoft MCSA and MCSE certifications for Windows Server, Cloud Platform and Infrastructure is preferred.
· Extensive experience deploying servers in Microsoft Azure
· Extensive experience configuration Microsoft Azure Portal
· VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization 6/6.5 or higher is preferred.
· Deep PowerShell and PowerCLI scripting knowledge required. A strong demonstrable programming background is preferred.
· An analytical mind constantly striving for process improvements, task automation, cost savings, and providing a better end user experience.
· 5+ years’ experience managing and supporting VMware vSphere in a complex distributed enterprise environment.
· 10+ years’ experience managing and supporting Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Ability to work independently and complete medium sized projects with minimal supervision.
- Able to understand Information System strategy and how it supports the business strategy.
- Competent in the use of industry standard Project Management Methodologies and tools.
- Comprehends and can articulate fundamental concepts and terms related to virtual infrastructure, compute, storage, and networking in a distributed model.
- Required support experience and/or current working knowledge in the following areas depending on assigned IT Server Virtualization work:
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Microsoft PowerShell and VMware PowerCLI
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems support, builds, and migrations.
- Microsoft Server role configuration and support – Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WINS, ADFS, Certificate Services, and IIS.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft System Center Orchestrator
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus 6.5, 6.0