|Published||November 17, 2023|
MicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
The Role: The North America Azure Partner Manager has the mandate of running the relationship with Microsoft Azure in the US and Canadian territories. This position is responsible for providing leadership, management and strategy for the sell with/go-to-market engagement and all joint activities with Azure. The Partner Manager (PM) will have a myriad of different responsibilities to ensure leverage and consistent engagement with Azure to drive customer engagements, qualified pipeline and cloud bookings that meet and exceed quota and expectations. The PM will be part of the team that coordinates MicroStrategy's sales activities and will be a central conduit for engagement management between MicroStrategy's sales organization and Azure. The role will report to the VP of global Strategic Alliances, based in North America. This position will be a knowledge expert on all aspects of the Azure partnership and will be asked to present at QBRs, executive meetings, training, and events. The PM will demonstrate a deep understanding of Azure strategies including but not limited to co-selling, strategic planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events, and funnel management.
- Manage the relationship with Azure in North America and help design activities to take the relationships to the next level.
- Manage all joint sell with and go to market activities with Azure.
- Generate net new logo pipeline by leveraging Azure co-sell motion, joint marketing and driving account planning sessions with the MicroStrategy sales organization.
- Track all opportunities, pipeline and bookings and provide forecasts and funnel management reports.
- Facilitate co-selling opportunities, account mapping and other sales engagements between MicroStrategy's field sales and the Azure sales teams.
- Support MicroStrategy's field sales organization on engagement management with Azure.
- Create and publish joint sales and marketing assets with Azure.
- Assist with providing content for Azure training curriculum and sales enablement.
- Coordinate activities and be involved with the Azure virtual team of Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, Channels and Sales as part of cloud and AI strategy.
- Develop annual strategic plan and performance goals for the Azure partnership.
- Provide support and coordination for channel activity with each Azure.
- Understand and articulate Azure's strategic initiatives and gain a deep understanding of the activities, roadmap, and vision of the partner.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post sales issues for any activity with Azure.
- Build and maintain relationships with key personnel at Azure to solidify MicroStrategy's standing and awareness within the provider and to assist in the development of key relationships with the extended MicroStrategy's sales team and executives.
- Help provide insight in the support of Azure's events and attend/participate in the events.
- Provide support in the form of expertise and training for Azure's field sales enablement.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BA, BS (or equivalent work experience), MBA preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in Sales Leadership - Account, Alliance, or Partner Management.
- Proven experience in the management of large global partnerships.
- Strong relationship and sales skills, knowing what we sell and how people want to buy using experience from directly selling for a while and know what it takes to be a phenomenal influencer in partnerships.
- Cloud/AI Hyperscaler (Azure, Azure, GCP) partnership experience highly preferred.
- Channel experience including selling with or managing channel partners.
- Proven history of working independently and with cross-functional teams to achieve company and team objectives.
- Attention to detail and the ability to plan and execute are essential.
- Strong business acumen and capable of developing and managing strategic plans with partner and company executives.
- Strategic planning and analytic capabilities.
- Ability to anticipate and interpret market and business trend changes and advise business leaders accordingly.
- Ability to excel in a team environment, espousing cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual and matrix environment.
- Proven ability to manage a myriad of different disciplines and tasks in a high-pressure, time-sensitive environment.
- 25% Travel with the ability to travel internationally.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex age, genetic information, or any other legally-protected basis.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703-848-8600.