|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
SQL Database Application Administrator (DBA) - Remote
Leads a small number of data operations groups, including database administration and development.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare, package, coordinate and implement production releases and fixes. Identify and advise on issues and necessary remediation's as appropriate
- DDL/DML expertise, Optimizing and Performance Tuning using execution plans, Profiler and Database Tuning adviser. Application development or PowerShell automation experience a plus.
- Troubleshoot application database connectivity, Azure SQL issues, query performance, disaster recovery and other issues in production and development
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, under close deadlines with minimal supervision and under potentially stressful situations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deliverables and responsibilities
- Develops and utilizes best practices, checklists and defined processes
- Support during non-regular hours, nights, weekends may be required
- Agile/Kanban, HIPAA, Health Care (Medicaid) familiarity a plus
- Has a demonstrated desire and capacity to learn new technical skills
- Assists in the design of basic technical programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Monitors database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present. Determines data to collect and analyzes information as appropriate. Investigates and resolves technical database issues of significance.
- Oversees the analysis and determination of database performance characteristics, informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for more complex databases. Recommends and implements tuning opportunities to improve system response and run times.
- Defines logical attributes and data inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production implementation, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance.
- Optimizes database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes. Limits database accessibility based upon information security level and ensures data spillage from more secure to less secure databases does not occur.
- Implements and supports database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Monitors security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; installs necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security.
- Plans and installs upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance. Researches various hardware and software products; recommends solution and implements approved products.
- Functions as a technical project leader or provides work leadership for less experienced personnel on a portfolio of databases, including installations and upgrades of DBMS software and backup/recovery strategies. Reviews and approves application and database design decisions to ensure that application solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and reliability upon deployment.
- Assists project managers in the development of project plans including detailed project estimates and tasks required for database activities. Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Integrates databases and commercial of the shelf software; resolves conflicts between databases and of the shelf software, operating systems, and open source applications.
- Designs and tests database installation, implementation, and recovery scenarios. Determines test to use and collects appropriate data according to established guidelines. Participates in analysis, development and implementation of unique database recovery plans in response to client-impacting outages.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled