|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: UK All Areas (Remote Working Possible)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Founded in 2016, Ekco is a global innovator in cloud solutions, working with integrity and a personal approach with customers and partners to deliver a comprehensive suite of end-to-end managed IT services.
In a few words, we take businesses to the cloud and back!
With over 250 employees (and counting) across a number of regional offices in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. Our team members enjoy a culture that promotes collaboration in a family-friendly working environment, as well as supporting personal autonomy, self-development, and a commitment to our shared goal of delivering market-leading IT services.
Ekco provides a first-class service to customers, providing responsive, agile support. A key reason customers choose Ekco for private cloud services is that we offer highly-performing and resilient infrastructure. This includes the latest servers, Pure Storage All-Flash Arrays, resilient Tier-1 transit providers, and so on. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Ekco, one of the primary responsibilities is to monitor and maintain our compute and storage infrastructure to the highest possible standard.
This is an ideal role for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who is looking to further develop their career with additional responsibilities such as architecture & design, project management, and stakeholder management.
- Managing VMware platforms, storage platforms like ZFS, and variety of backup and DR platforms
- Participating in complex VMware, storage, network projects, and other infrastructure projects in a senior role
- Infrastructure incident management, escalation, and response as well-performing standby services
- Monitoring, capacity planning, and alerting the administration
- Engage with stakeholders and support teams to provide direction, guidance, and support on acceptable and balanced infrastructure solutions
- Produce documentation and operational procedures and act as a training guide and share knowledge to other colleagues to improve their knowledge & experience
- 3+ years VMware experience, within a large-scale environment, with a high standard of vSphere knowledge (ideally including 6.7)
- Backup & Disaster Recovery (ideally Veeam and/or Zerto)
- Monitoring - e.g. Nagios / Zabbix / Solarwinds / PRTG
- SAN storage arrays (ideally at least one of Pure, Dell EMC or Dell EqualLogic)
- High level of written and spoken English
- High standard of documentation
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Linux Server Administration
- Windows Server Administration
- Scripting knowledge - e.g. Powershell / Python / Bash
- Network and Firewall Administration
- Remote Datacenter Management
- The biggest Irish Cloud Company and one of the fastest-growing cloud solution providers in Europe
- Young company with a flat structure, growing through acquisitions
- VMware & Veeam top partner status
- Our company culture is exceptional and comes from a shared vision of delivering market-leading cloud services in an unbeatable work environment
- Flexible working with a family-friendly focus at the very core of our company values
- Beautiful office locations across the UK, Ireland, and the Netherlands (with parking spots) with highly talented, caring, and supportive colleagues
- Hybrid work from home culture - even after COVID
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
We do not offer VISA sponsorship.
Ekco is an equal opportunities employer.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Infrastructure Engineer, IT Manager, Senior IT Engineer, Network Manager, Senior Infrastructure Manager, IT System Manager, Senior System Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Analyst, IT Technician, 3rd Line Support Technician, 3rd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IP Networking, Infrastructure Technician, SharePoint, Azure, Cloud Solutions Engineer, IT Infrastructure Manager, Senior IT Service Delivery Analyst, Technical Service Manager, IT Lead, Cloud Services Manger may also be considered for this role.