|February 10, 2024
The Senior Manager, Azure/Windows Operations and leads technical support staff across multiple disciplines who provide technical support for the design and building of technical solutions. Provides leadership in designing, developing and implementing solutions in support of the business, according to standards and policies.
In this role you will:
- Hire, evaluate, and supervise crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manage the planning and implementation of enterprise-wide platform projects, including schedule, resources and communication of project status. Anticipates current and future needs of the organization and makes recommendations regarding project scope, schedule and budget. Manage the resolution of the most complex availability and incident management issues elevated from staff and clients.
- Manage technical support staff who implement, monitor, troubleshoot, and install cloud based platforms across all systems, ensuring defined business service levels are met. Plan, develop, and execute short and long range goals and strategies to meet department, divisional, and corporate objectives.
- Evaluate alternatives for modifications to cloud computing systems and implements solutions that meet long-term business objectives and current organizational requirements. Establishes, communicates and drives continuous improvement of key performance, quality and client satisfaction metrics.
- Plan and implement new technologies and major releases for the most critical enterprise-wide IT cloud platform projects. Leads teams that troubleshoot, configure, and tune systems.
- Provide thought leadership and develops technical standards to serve Vanguard technical needs. Manages the evaluation, selection and ongoing performance of IT cloud vendor products and services.
- Learn and understands client area business functions and requirements. Determines the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Maintain expertise and awareness of industry trends and technologies; making timely adjustments to strategies as appropriate.
What it takes:
- Minimum of ten years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.