|Published||November 16, 2023|
Server Operations Senior Engineer - Windows / VMWare / Linux
SALARY: $130k - $140k plus 10% bonus
LOCATION: Chicago, IL - 3 days on site
This is a large enterprise environment. The focus is on operational support and administration of large-scale windows VMware ESI v7.x redhat linux, active directory, cisco uc5, container Kubernetes docker. azure
Daily activities include Security Audit Findings Remediation, Security Vulnerability Remediation, Azure Landing Zone Engineering & Operations, Project Coordination and Planning, Server Operations PSPG's (Policies Standards Procedures Guidelines),Run:
- Provides expert Level 3 technical support to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Coordinates and leads operational activities across multiple teams.
- Demonstrate strong financial, vendor and contract management skills.
- Develops and executes complex production maturity plans.
- Develops and executes complex capacity and performance plans.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops team members.
- Demonstrates expert client service skills, manages complex issues end-to-end across multiple teams and exceeds IT Service Desk, other team, and client expectations for resolving issues.
Qualifications & Requirements
Must have 10+ years of overall technology experience along with 3+ years supporting major implementations in large scale Windows, Linux, Acropolis, VMWare, Hyper-V and Azure environments.
- Knowledge and ability configure/administer of cloud technology vendors (Azure) and the tools associated with selected vendors’ products.
- Able to configure & support Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating systems (RHEL, SUSE, CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Able to configure & support VMware, Hyper-V and Nutanix hypervisors and their underlying technologies (Compute & Storage vMotion, DRS, HA, Clustering Services, Hyper-V Manager).
- Able to configure & support VMware, Hyper-V & Nutanix virtual machine managers (vCenter, SCVMM & Prism Central)
- Able to configure & support Container based technologies
- Able to configure & support Active Directory
- Knowledge of Cisco UCS Hardware including blade, rack mount servers and Fiber Interconnects and server profiles. Understanding of Cisco UCS Manager and CIMC for Lights out management.
- Knowledge of Nutanix Hardware.
- Ability to install hardware in Data Center racks and ensure redundant power & networking and proper labeling (Rack & Stack).
- Knowledge of server monitoring and configuration baseline and patching tools and the ability to manage such tools such as SCCM and SCOM.
- Server security remediation including using tools such as Nexpose & Kenna to identify threats and ability to remediate such threats by installing patches or pushing out group policies to fix vulnerabilities.
- Strong coding knowledge (PowerShell & Bash) and the ability to automate processes to implement and manage the server environment effectively.
- Knowledge of networking and load balancing and fail over systems.
- Knowledge of hardware vendors and the tools associated with selected vendors’ products.
- Capable of interpreting messages/alerts from multiples systems to identify potential problems.
- Have worked with and adhered to Change Control Management policies and implementation standards.
Senior Server Operations Engineer - Windows / VMware / Linux / Azure