|Date Posted||February 10, 2020|
Fortune 500 client has an immediate need for a Sr SQL DBA with both on-premise db and Azure (Cloud) experience, SSIS, ETL. Will look at contract, contract-to hire, or direct-hire employment.
- Will be a subject matter expert in hybrid datacenter infrastructure responsible for the design, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of global hybrid (public & private) cloud environment with strong emphasis on database platforms in large enterprise - SQL (On-Premise & Azure SQL Services) Oracle, MongoDB, mySQL, Informix.
- Will participate in global hybrid datacenter technology advancement, enterprise standards, adoption and provides a stable global hybrid datacenter infrastructure for applications through repeatable processes with automation of provisioning, deployment, Colo-datacenter/cloud management & proactive monitoring activities.
- The candidate must have expertise and maintain continuous technology and business trends and make adjustments based on them.
- The position drives hybrid datacenter technology and product research and must be able to make recommendations based on solid technical and business acumen.
Fortune 500 company with great benefits and culture.
- Candidate must have industry specific professional qualifications in addition to technical experiences in hybrid datacenter infrastructure systems
- 8+ years progressive working with enterprise database platforms – SQL, Azure SQL Services (including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, ETL, Power BI), Oracle, mySQL, MogoDB and Informix
- 8+ years progressive working in a Microsoft Windows domain infrastructure environment, including Server 2008, 2012, 2016, SQL Server, Office 365, and all forms of Active Directory and DNS services.
- 5+ years progressive experience working with UNIX/Linux/AS400 domain infrastructure environment, including IBM P-Series hardware, AIX v6.2 – v7.2, RedHat Enterprise & SUSE Linux, IBM System i AS400 systems
- 5+ years progress experience with SAN storage technologies, Cisco MDS SAN and Dell/EMC PowerMax array
- 5+ years progress experience with solutioning & implementing enterprise Modern End User Computing platform with for virtual desktop, hosted desktop/applications, & application packaging/delivery such as Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Ivanti DesktopNOW, Azure Windows Virtual Desktop & FSLogic experience preferred
- Advance level knowledge of Microsoft Azure with minimum of 3+ years of supporting and maintain a global hybrid datacenter with Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Proven experience with DB platform transactional replication, indexing strategies and maintenance, Backup and Recovery models, Multi-Node Active-Active Clustering and high availability, Performance Tuning
- Must demonstrate a clear understanding of the logical and physical database design (for both transaction and data warehouse) and data normalization concepts.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL language, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, ETL and stored procedures, jobs, etc.
- Experience with Commvault Enterprise Backup & Storage appliance for hybrid datacenter
- Experience with agile IT framework, CI/CD platforms and tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Knowledge of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure & datacenter virtualization, Nutanix AHV on Dell XC-Core server hardware preferred
- ITIL Certified and experience preferred