|Date Posted||February 8, 2020|
JOB SUMMARY: The primary goal of the Senior Systems Engineer is to support the hosting Infrastructure. A Senior Systems Engineer performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. This position also provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of various aspects of a Windows Infrastructure environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The responsibilities listed are fundamental to the position and must be performed successfully to achieve the key performance objectives of the role. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Design, Implementation, Tuning and Maintenance of an Enterprise Datacenter Environment consisting of a Large multiple domain Windows Infrastructure, multiple generations of HP Storage Arrays, HP Blade and Chassis technology, and a VMware Enterprise Plus virtualization laye
- Ongoing monitoring of resource usage, performance tuning and future capacity planning
- Develop procedures to prevent and reduce the severity of any outages
- Create and maintain configuration and support documentation
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Resolve help desk service request escalations
- Participate in on-call activities
- Maintain a basic understanding of Physical Local Area Networking and a skilled understanding of Virtual Networking.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Completing time logs within 48 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely time tracking, project management and billing of customers.