|Published||November 18, 2023|
9th Way Insignia is a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business bringing transformative technology to our government customers so they can achieve their missions. Our specialties include cybersecurity, cloud modernization, software development, data analytics, enterprise architecture, enterprise IT, analytics and artificial intelligence. Learn more about 9th Way Insignia at https://9thwayinsignia.com/
9th Way Insignia has a team of professionals working with the Department of Transportation on the Enterprise Information Technology Shared Services (EITSS) contract. EITSS executes the work requirements of the COE and Operating Administrations, provide visibility and transparency into provider performance, and lead the alignment of services to support DOTs vision, organizational structure, personnel skills, and mission requirements.
9 th Way Insignia is looking for a Senior Windows Engineer to join our team.
The Senior Windows Engineer position will provide Windows engineering support and will be responsible for building, patching, and troubleshooting Windows servers in support of current and future DOT systems and applications. This candidate will be working with a team of server engineers to troubleshoot issues for multiple systems in multiple datacenter locations. The Senior Windows Engineer will provide support, implementation, and design services for Windows-based systems across the enterprise. The candidate will be responsible for resolving and completing assigned tasks and change requests and will act as an escalation for support issues. The candidate will also be responsible for applying new solutions through research and collaboration with team members and will be advising on course of actions for new application initiatives.
- Manage Windows OS-based computer devices through Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, registry and files system security as needed.
- Administer systems infrastructure both on-premises and in the cloud
- Collaborate with other team members to perform server patching and maintenance
- Evaluate hardware and software purchases
- Manage 2000+ servers across multiple field site locations.
- Strong knowledge in Active Directory (Windows 2016 thru Windows 2022)
- Manage and lead systems and infrastructure projects
- Follow existing incident, problem, release, change management processes.
- Support existing server infrastructure in a 24x7 on-call escalation capacity as part of a team rotation
- Provide high level technical support for Tier-3 issue escalations/tickets
- Design and implement Citrix solutions
- Managing and monitoring a Citrix platform
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience administrating and managing servers and systems, cloud infrastructure, file and print environments, specializing in Windows operating systems.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and SQL Server.
- Must possess a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) - Server Infrastructure or equivalent within 3 months of hire.
- Windows Server 2016, 2019 and 2022
- Active Directory management
- Active Directory Group Policy
- Active Directory Certificate Services
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Azure Active Directory
- Windows Failover Clustering
- Widows File and Folder sharing
- Windows Print Services
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Citrix XenApp
- VMware vSphere
- VMware vCenter
- Azure Cloud Services
Onsite at 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington DC 20590
9 th Way Insignia's range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Clearance, background investigation
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .