|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
Hudson River Trading is looking for a Windows Platform Engineer to join the IT team. In this role, you will contribute to engineering HRT's "next generation" Windows platform to satisfy the demands of HRT's global presence. You will take part in a migration from an on-premise Hyper-V infrastructure to a Hybrid-Cloud Azure infrastructure that re-imagines device deployment, software deployment, configuration management and Microsoft Directory infrastructure; all while leveraging an infrastructure as code based approach.
The ideal candidate is an eager problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Terrific communication, collaboration skills, and a positive attitude towards team members and a wide scope of internal customers are crucial to success within the role.
- Engineer and implement a scalable global Microsoft Directory infrastructure that leverages technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory Domain services
- Implement a Windows-based VDI platform leveraging Microsoft Hyper-V HCI Clusters, Microsoft Storage Spaces, Microsoft Azure, and other supporting technologies
- Identify inefficiencies in established processes and develop PowerShell systems to automate solutions
- Implement and maintain Microsoft SQL Server clustered environments to improve performance and resilience
- Support the maintenance of existing Microsoft platform infrastructure and Windows platform troubleshooting escalation requests
- 10+ years experience as a Microsoft-based technology engineer
- Proven experience designing and implementing clustered Microsoft Hyper-V and Microsoft Azure environments
- Experience developing PowerShell based systems
- Microsoft SQL Server clusters implementation and management skills
- Windows desktop and server configuration management skills
- Familiarity with managing projects that span multiple teams to successful completion
- A general design approach that incorporates security best practices, business continuity, high availability, and scalability
- A self-motivated and driven work ethic
- A problem solver who thinks critically and independently about issues and can detect trends and patterns with ease
Annual base salary range of $175,000 to $225,000. Pay (base and bonus) may vary depending on job-related skills and experience. A sign-on and discretionary performance bonus may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to company-paid medical and/or other benefits.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We're a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization-from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we're friends and colleagues - whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we'd love to get to know you.