|Date Posted||November 3, 2020|
Job Summary and Mission
At Starbucks, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
At our core, we believe technology is a key enabler for growth and is required for business success in the future. We believe Starbucks must advance its technology resources and think long term to innovate and deliver maximum value for our partners, customers and shareholders. We believe it takes collaboration and partnership to deliver results and we will work across the company to enable sustainable business capabilities- not just fulfill immediate needs.
If you’ve got what it takes to help transform one of the most iconic brands in the world into a lean, efficient and highly automated platform, we’d like to talk to you.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer Lead in our Azure Cloud Foundation Services, you will develop and support Starbucks Retail Technology products by collaboratively identifying, designing, developing and deploying software to deliver retail and digital commerce systems that fulfill strategic initiatives and operational improvements.
This is a technical leadership role that requires deep software development expertise, domain proficiency and platform depth. Typical daily activities include requirements analysis, solution design and, most of all, software development. An effective Software engineer lead contributes relevant technical, functional, and process expertise to the team.
A successful candidate is proficient with data structures and algorithms with mastery of one or more general purpose programming languages, tools and frameworks.
Some key responsibilities for this role are the following\:
- Experience coding using Agile and DevOps engineering practices
- Ability to provide expertise and leadership in translating complex business requirements to functional, non-functional and technical designs, adopts designs that prioritize user experience and extensibility to mobile application use, and addresses quality issues by asking questions and stating assumptions to mitigate gaps in developer understanding.
- Expertise in established design patterns, contributes to new design patterns for platform, and ability to negotiate and communicate designs by facilitating and socializing ideas through technical specification documentation.
- Ability to lead remediation efforts for recurring issue and can direct the team's best practices for incident resolution and the facilitation of cross functional troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and engagement with vendors where needed.
- The capability of initiating, organizing and being the champion of complex, development efforts; supervises delivery of other engineers on the team, setting priority, providing guidance, and feedback on deliverables and partnering with vendors to improve delivery model and ensure success.
- Ability to represents the engineering team when engaging with cross functional teams, including functional analysts, Project Management, Development, Architecture, Security, Infrastructure and the business customer. Negotiates, facilitates, and influences others to gain alignment and mutually agreeable outcomes in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineers in a technical, business, or soft skills capacity.
- 10+ years of professional industry experience with software development
- 4+ years of progressive engineering experience in building Azure cloud first applications.
- 2 years of leading teams of four or more software developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other technical field preferred or equivalent experience
- Deep expertise in Service and Message-Oriented Architectures
- Highly proficient in Microsoft .NET Core and .NET Framework
- Highly proficient in C# Application Development\:
- Windows Services and Console Applications
- Web API
- .NET Core and ASP Net Core
- Scalable and Resilient Distributed Application Development
- Highly Proficient with the following Microsoft Azure Platform Resources
- Azure Service Fabric and/or Azure Kubernetes services
- Azure IoT Hub
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure CosmosDB
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- Azure App Services
- Proficiency with DevOps Tools, Practices and Processes
Technical Qualifications - Preferred
Proficiency with NoSQL data models, storage and programming
Experience with Git and GitHub
Experience with Jenkins and/or Azure DevOps pipelines
Experience with APM telemetry and building observability into applications. NewRelic preferred.
Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
Demonstrated experience implementing and managing high capacity, redundant, and mission critical systems
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]