|Published||January 22, 2023|
Solution Analyst | DV | High Level Security Clearance
The Solution Analyst role is responsible for integrating bespoke applications onto various Windows Desktop and Server platforms within one of our major programmes. The Analyst will work within the Managed Applications work-stream, assessing and selecting appropriate design templates for moving applications onto fixed and deployed platforms, working in collaboration with the teams Customer Design Lead.
As a Solution Analyst, you will technically analyse a variety of applications to understand the installation, configuration, functionality, interoperability, and security aspects of software to produce technical release management documents to support the deployment and subsequent support of the application.
Due to the secure nature of the programme/role, you will need to hold the highest level of UK Security Clearance, or be eligible to go through National Security Vetting to obtain this clearance
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Solutions Analyst will be working with Desktop, Web applications, Client/Server applications (2/3 tier) and various database applications. This work is done alongside third-party software vendors and other workstreams to produce solution design documentation. This position will be based out of CGI’s Reading office and will likely require some travel to the client’s site.
The Solutions Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
- Complete Solution Design documentation in accordance with the Workstream plans.
- Report regularly to the Workstream Lead & Scrum Master on progress, highlighting schedule exceptions, issues, risks, blocks and identifying recovery/mitigation actions.
- Ensure compliance of all Solution Design work with the current baseline of Managed
- Applications workstream business processes defined by the workstream, together with the standards, processes and procedures defined in the current Quality Plan.
- Raise all delivery/performance issues with the Workstream Lead in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken.
- Liaise with Authority representatives in deriving the solution for complex cases.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal candidate for this Solutions Analyst position will have experience in the following areas:
- Analytical and technical ability to analyse application media and identify installation processes and configuration.
- Ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
- Experience of working in a secure environment, including secure configuration of application software.
- Good working knowledge of VMware (inc. using the latest application virtualisation products), familiar with using both historic and current Windows (Desktop and Server) and Linux systems (e.g. RHEL).
- Ability to create and troubleshoot these systems including Group Policy, Registry manipulation and setting and managing permissions and auditing.
- Working knowledge of using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Advanced application packaging/repackaging knowledge using best of breed toolsets. Ability to Integrate COTS, GOTS and Client/Server based applications within Windows and/or Linux based environments.
Knowledge in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Advanced practical knowledge of scripting tools
- Good practical working knowledge of PowerShell, VBScript and Python scripting tools.
Knowledge of Azure DevOps (inc. pipelines). SAFe Agile aware.
- Understanding of Automated testing (e.g. Robot Framework, Selenium).
- Working knowledge of packaging/repackaging applications, including advanced application configuration aspects such as creating Custom Actions, creating and tailoring Transforms and associated troubleshooting.
- Comfortable with conveying technical aspects to an audience (e.g. product demos to the customer).
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
- Azure App Services
- Robot Framework