|Published||September 19, 2022|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
Description Sr. DevOps Engineer (Must have experience w/ Windows Server Administration, Powershell, and Azure)
United States (100% Remote)
$140K - $160K/yr. target BOE (some flex) – Full-time Senior Level
Description & Requirements
Our client delivers technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
This role is under the Payments division of our client. It will focus on the production support of both on-prem and cloud-based Payments solutions. Automation of releases and environmental configuration will be focus areas for this role. This job will be entirely remote and will require minimal travel.
8am -5pm local time are the normal working hours, with after-hours work required to support releases and maintenance windows. On-call rotation is a part of this role if hired. We would prefer candidates not in the Pacific Time Zone to ensure timing and coverage for this team.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Act as technical leader in design and implementation of system deployment automation and configuration management tools.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Construct, improve and maintain the automated deployment pipelines.
- Build and maintain system and application snapshots for use with continuous delivery.
- Develop software in appropriate scripting languages using agile design-build-test methodologies.
- Develop unit tests alongside production code in a continuously integrated environment.
- Develop and build operating system release media.
- Adhere to team design and development standards.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle, including research, prototyping, detailed design, development, technical documentation, and defect fixing.
- Use appropriate tooling associated with DevOps engineering and system configuration management.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot system and deployment issues when needed.
- Collaborate with the wider team on design and code reviews.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need To Have
- Minimum of six to nine years technical experience in IT Operations
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Demonstrable scripting experience, such as PowerShell.
- A minimum of one year of Azure Administration experience.
- A minimum of six years of Windows Server Administration experience.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, software engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge in automation and configuration management.
- Experience with deployments of cloud-based technologies in Azure or GCP.
- Experience with Octopus Deploy
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of network and application security, network administration, and network storage integration.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with our mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.