|Date Posted||February 13, 2021|
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Sr. Systems Engineer with solid Azure, Nutanix and ideally SQL experience for a Direct Hire opportunity in Los Angeles, CA.
*Can start remote but then be on-site eventually* Los Angeles, CA preferred but may also consider: Chicago, IL, Midtown New York, San Diego, CA, Silicon Valley, CA, Dallas, TX, Washington DC, San Francisco, CA, or Orange County, CA. MUST BE LOCAL TO ONE OF THESE OFFICES - THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT REMOTE ROLE.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Senior Systems Engineer who will support for ongoing operations of Cloud Integration Services and other related areas and project work for all systems supported. Also, the Senior Systems Engineer will manage our Nutanix/Hyper-V/AZURE infrastructure end-to-end. Microsoft SQL, & Windows Clustering experience is a must.
- Stay current with a strong connection to community experts and other online resources
- Develop strategies to keep Azure and M365 environments clean of stale accounts, objects, & legacy protocols/services as they become obsolete.
- Participate in the design, roadmap and support of applications in Azure cloud
- Configuring and maintaining Azure Recovery Services Vault
- Review on a regular basis - Azure monitoring, and alerting (including M365)
- Managing Azure roles using PIM. Setup privileged access reviews regularly.
- Collaborate on a wide variety of Azure projects interacting with multiple teams bringing in subject matter experts when needed
- Providing technical guidance around Azure identity & other security recommendations
- Ability to debug and resolve complex issues in cloud environments for business-critical applications.
- Experience in designing, implementations, troubleshooting, managing, and monitoring Nutanix Hyper converged solution.
- Nutanix Certified NCP / NPP / NCSE /NCAP (Proffered).
- 3 years of experience Nutanix technologies.
- Provides technical support, perform scripting or programming.
- Provide subject matter expert for Nutanix installations, upgrades, patching and operations.
- Manage and monitor deployment using AOS, AHV. AHV experience is a plus.
- Manage, install, and configure Nutanix nodes.
- Responsible for AOS code install, upgrade and patch installations.
- Assist in design specifications and parameters for audit and compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of OS internals
Microsoft SQL/Windows Clustering
- Design and implement highly available production systems using the following technologies: Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Windows/SQL clustering, Availability Groups.
- Review scripts submitted by the Development team for performance and standard adherence.
- Perform advanced database administration activities including but not limited to: DB Performance Tuning, T-SQL tuning, Backup and recovery and DB disaster recovery solutions.
- Communicate effectively with other CAI groups gathering requirements for new instance build outs or supporting existing applications.
Managing day-to-day Nutanix/Hyper-V tasks and processes such as updating firmware/OS patches, VM Provisioning, VM de-provisioning, conduct resource reviews regularly. Leading our Azure Cloud environments, you will be required to collaborate with personnel outside our team as well as within to recommend/develop solutions where Azure and/or M365 will be involved. This position will require after-hours support when unexpected issues arise that may be impacting tier 1 applications. Expect candidate to have deep understanding of on-premise Active Directory (groups, objects, SPN's, security, Kerberos, LDAP, LDAPs, DNS, multi-domain forest, troubleshooting). You will be asked to generate reports that may require you to write a PowerShell script. When it comes to Microsoft SQL & Windows Clustering roles, this job will require you to have strong understanding of SQL to fill gaps where needed to maintain/support/develop multi-tier applications requiring SQL standalone or SQL HA/DR with Windows clustering.
Required Qualifications: 5-7 years' experience in Microsoft SQL/Windows Clustering, Nutanix/Hyper-V Infrastructure, and Azure Cloud/M365
Preferred Qualifications: 10 years' experience in Microsoft SQL/Windows Clustering, Nutanix/Hyper-V Infrastructure, and Azure Cloud/M365
Required: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Major: Information Systems or related field preferred
Required: Active Directory, Nutanix, Microsoft 365 Apps, Core Azure apps, Office ProPlus Suite, Windows 10 deep understanding, Windows Server OS deep understanding, MS Edge, PowerShell, T-SQL, SSMS.
Preferred: 5-7 years' experience with the above tools.
Please send your resume to Emily Fell, Sr. Technical Recruiter, at Irvine Technology Corporation for IMMEDIATE consideration!
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is a leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally. We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders – bringing you opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development! Join us. Let us catapult your career!
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.