|Published||November 17, 2023|
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Sr. Windows Active Directory Solution Architect
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
The Senior Windows Active Directory Solution Architect is involved in the full technology life cycle of the Active Directory and Windows Server environment and responsible for designing, coding, configuring, testing, and implementing the Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory environment and business solutions that integrate with it. This position will also be responsible for providing the solutions and configuration management through the use of Infrastructure as Code, including use of PowerShell, Ansible, and related automation technologies. This role will work closely with Analysts and Product Managers to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and physical design of technical solutions. This position involves creating new technology-based solutions, configuration, implementation, and providing senior guidance and automation solutions for sourced support activities including upgrades, maintenance, patching, or issue resolution.
- Microsoft Active Directory design, configuration, best practices implementation, security considerations, and architecting and configuring interfaces
- Microsoft Windows Server-based business solutions architecture, design, configuration, and implementation
- Creating and implementing solutions through automation tools, including Ansible and PowerShell
- Ensuring Active Directory and Windows Server environments meet best practice, security, and QA standards
- Maintaining lifecycle, security, and best practices for the Active Directory and Windows Server environment
- Maintaining lifecycle, security, and best practices for Azure Active Directory and AD Connect
- Maintaining the key AD interfaces of Sailpoint and Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) from SAP and to LDAP.
- Deployments of Active Directory and Windows Servers on AWS and Azure cloud platforms
- Leverage and configure tools to monitor and manage Active Directory (Solarwinds, Azure AD On-Demand Services Hub and Assessments)
- On-call rotations and support is required when support vendor requires engineering assistance
- Creates, maintains, and updates process flowcharts, diagrams, drawings, and other related documentation
- Evaluates existing technology solutions and platforms and provides recommendations for improving technology performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of needed modifications.
- Collaborates with all stakeholders such as enterprise architects, software development, operations, cybersecurity and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware..
Job Specific Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 6 to 8 years of experience in a role focusing on Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server Engineering, Automation, and Architecture
- Without a bachelor’s degree, at least 10 years of experience in a role focusing on Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server Engineering, Automation, and Architecture
- Motivated Self-starter that is able to take business outcomes and create and design Active Directory and Windows Server architecture designs
- Experience with multi-Forest, Multi-Domain Active Directory spread across different geographical regions and AWS IaaS.
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and Azure AD Connect
- Strong Windows Server Automation experience and skills, including Ansible experience
- Strong PowerShell experience and skills
- Experience with Windows Server and AD deployments in the Cloud
- Experience with Windows Server and AD deployments on VMWare
- Demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions using structured methodologies such as Agile (SCRUM, Kanban etc.) and Waterfall.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to foster working relationships and collaborate at all levels of the organization including with team members, peers, management, key stakeholders, and business clients
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- This position is in a regulatory environment and requires applicants to be US Permanent Residents who are able to supply valid acceptable proof during hiring process
- Experience with Python, JSON, VBScript, or other automation/orchestration languages
- Hands-on experience with Ansible automation
- Experience with Azure AD On-Demand Services Hub and Assessments
- Experience with Windows Server deployment automation
- Experience with SCCM
- Experience interfacing with Sailpoint and/or MIM
- Experience with ServiceNow ITSM, ITOM, and CMDB
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies, specifically VMware
- Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, or Windows Server Certifications
Minimum Years of Experience
6 years of experience
Bachelors in Computer Science
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
As an employee of PSEG you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
PSEG’s drug and alcohol testing program includes pre-employment testing, testing for cause, and post-incident/accident testing. For employees in federally regulated roles (including positions covered by USDOT, PHMSA, or NRC regulations), this also includes random testing. All drug and alcohol testing for federally regulated roles is inclusive of marijuana. Employees who transfer into a federally regulated role are subject to drug and alcohol testing, inclusive of marijuana.
PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers. This site (https://jobs.pseg.com/ ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees, with the exception of PSEG employees who do not have company email addresses.
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: System Administrator, Solution Architect, Computer Science, Cloud, Testing, Technology