|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
Systems Engineer (ref 870), London, £95k per year plus benefits
Our client is looking for an eager Systems Engineer who is reliable and who wants to be a part of an enterprise team. You will a salary of £90,000 - £95,000 per annum plus an amazing benefits package including a 15% annual benefit, private medical insurance, travel insurance, dental insurance, pension scheme, life assurance, group income protection, eye care vouchers, Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme, discretionary annual pay increase and discretionary annual bonus.
As a Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Driving engineering discussions in support of business requirements gathering, analysis, and design.
- Implementing highly scalable and available solutions based on industry architectural direction, best practices, and practical experience.
- Collaborating with Developers, Operations, and Vendors as needed to solve integration and implementation challenges.
- Recommending tools and methodologies to Operations and Development to create proof-of-concept implementations for demonstration and eventual integration.
- Breaking large complex systems down to a manageable size that can be used by individuals or teams in a scalable manner.
- Creating and utilising automations for initialising and provisioning systems and facilitate larger IT department orchestration.
- Working with developer teams and infrastructure colleagues to convert high-cost inefficient systems and application stacks to low-cost OS platforms and Cloud Providers.
- Utilising tools like Git, Ansible, Terraform, and Packer to drive consistency.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with the following skills and experiences:
- Extensive experience working within a distributed Git workflow & Hashicorp Vault.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python), and automation tools (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Physical to Virtual conversion using well-known Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, Digital Ocean, etc).
- Direct hands-on experience with AWS VPC, EC2, S3, Elastic Load Balancer, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and AKS.
- Hands on experience with Azure DNS, Traffic Manager, Express Route, Load Balancer, Monitor and EKS.
- A degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Direct experience architecting and deploying cloud technology within AWS and Azure.
- Master's degree or equivalent in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment processes and technologies.
- Familiarity with non-relational databases.
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker.
- Broad understanding and experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Windows server administration and server / infrastructure builds, automation pipelines, Office 365 and cloud.