|Date Posted||February 5, 2021|
Job Title: VMware Architect
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
The Company is a specialist Managed Infrastructure Services business, offering local support with global reach through offices across the UK, Ireland, and Netherlands. They specialise in enabling companies to progress along the path of cloud maturity, managing transformation and driving better outcomes from customers' existing technology investments.
Their innovative Transformation-as-a-Service approach and ability to deliver flexible infrastructures across customer environments, their own private infrastructure and public cloud technologies coupled with their responsive, agile, and above-all hugely capable technical teams is why customers choose them above larger, slower-moving competitors.
They deliver solutions and services from traditional VMware-based infrastructure; Backup & DR, to public cloud management with AWS, Azure, and Google; as well as newer PaaS, DevOps and Container solutions such as managed Kubernetes.
Due to continued expansion through 2020 and into 2021, they're searching for a talented engineer, experienced in delivering and supporting VMWare environments, to join the growing technical team based in Edinburgh.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Customer Support & Service Delivery
They provide first class service to customers, providing responsive, agile support. As a VMWare and cloud specialist, one of your primary responsibilities is to respond to customer requests, incident tickets, and change requests and record those appropriately in the service desk system and deal with them to the customer's satisfaction.
Additionally, one of the key aspects of the role will be to assist new and existing customers deploy services and business solutions within their VMWare based private cloud, or help to bring around some form of transformation or improvements, upgrades, etc., to customers own existing VMWare infrastructure.
A key reason customers choose them for private cloud services is because they offer highly-performing and resilient infrastructure. This includes the latest servers, Pure Storage All-Flash Arrays, resilient Tier-1 transit providers, and so on. As a VMware Architect, one of the primary responsibilities is to monitor and maintain their compute and storage infrastructure to the highest possible standard.
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- 3 years VMware experience, within a large-scale environment, with a high standard of vSphere knowledge (ideally including 6.7)
- Backup & Disaster Recovery (ideally Veeam and/or Zerto)
- Monitoring - e.g. Nagios / Zabbix / Solarwinds / PRTG
- SAN storage arrays (ideally at least one of Pure, Dell EMC or Dell EqualLogic)
- High level of written and spoken English
- High standard of documentation
- Linux Server Administration
- Windows Server Administration
- Scripting knowledge - e.g. Powershell / Python / Bash
- Azure / AWS Public Cloud Administration
- Network and Firewall Administration
- Remote Datacenter Management
- Confident self-starter. Able to learn quickly, use own initiative and be motivated to get the job done effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies (evidence self-taught development)
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Infrastructure Engineer, DevOps Engineer, VMWare Technical Consultant, 3rd Line Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Support, IT Field Service Engineer, System Administrator, System Lead, VMware Design, Cloud Virtualisation Architect, Cloud, Network Architect, Software Support, System Developer, Software Administrator, Software Architect, Lead Systems Support, DevOps Engineer, Application Engineer may also be considered for this role.