|Published||November 15, 2023|
What success looks like in this role:
The SW Engineer 4 delivers and leads the team in the delivery of Tier 2 remote software support services to clients to resolve product use and multi-product/platform problems, and/or questions relating to enterprise systems, networks and engineering methods and techniques to the design, development, integration, qualification and/or support of products and tools within one or more limited but developing areas of expertise. Works independently or cooperatively as a member of a team under the direction of the project team leader or manager.
- Responsible for the day to day support of computer systems running on a host operating system. These may be stand-alone or networked and may exist in homogenous or heterogeneous environments. Some of these tasks are:
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigates causes and recommends solutions to correct failures.
- Provides alerts and situation status information to both client and Unisys management. Coordinates critical client issues as well as new product and/or system implementations.
- Monitor system performance, service availability, scheduled maintenance tasks or event logs for normal operations.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
- Apply documented system and security patches to ensure the security and stability of the environment.
- Perform tactical system performance monitoring.
- Perform hardware and/or software maintenance.
- Ensure proper backups are made of systems to allow for recovery of systems and data.
- Monitor system capacity against specific capacity plans.
- Document basic reporting procedures for common tasks
- Assist in implementation of basic, recurring change requests
- Perform minor changes or more complex changes with the oversight of a more senior analyst.
- May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- May be required to work in rotational shifts (24x7 shifts applicable) and provide on call support if required. May function as a Shift Leader.
Perform initial incident investigation, resolve incidents using documented procedures or troubleshoot and obtain recovery of normal operations as quickly as possible.
Document basic change implementation plans and execute the plans reviewed and approved by senior analysts. Perform basic or moderately complex changes with the oversight of a higher-level analyst.
Gather and document information to assist with the root cause or escalate to tier 3 for solution.
Act as a Subject Matter Expert to support host Infrastructures in specific client environments. Coordinates and supports the implementation of core services into new and existing clients.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- University degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Advanced knowledge and working experience with the operating system including but not limited to the following:
- Experience supporting Microsoft Azure (required).
- Microsoft Windows Server Installation
- Microsoft Windows Server Patching
- Microsoft Windows Server Security
- System Internals
- Microsoft Windows Server Clustering
- Microsoft Windows Server Management Tools
- Scripting (PowerShell, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Performance Tuning
- Experience working in a data center supporting host systems.
- Ability to work with customers and other technical teams.
- Knowledge of standard networking ports and protocols.
- Ability to follow documented patch management procedures/solutions.
- Have specific certifications on the respective domain, platform or application (MS Azure required).
- Ability to support multiple clients/ technologies as part of shared support delivery.
- Must be client focused, display interpersonal skills and be an effective team member.
- Ability to train and develop staff and/or client.
- Understanding of, and operational experience with, VMware management products.
- Experience supporting Google Cloud is a plus.
- MS Azure
- AD User Management
- Windows Server support and patching
- Certificate Management
This role may require access to export-controlled commodities and technology. Therefore, to conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Unisys is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to age, caste, citizenship, color, disability, family medical history, family status, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This commitment includes our efforts to provide for all those who seek to express interest in employment the opportunity to participate without barriers. If you are a US job seeker unable to review the job opportunities herein, or cannot otherwise complete your expression of interest, without additional assistance and would like to discuss a request for reasonable accommodation, please contact our Global Recruiting organization at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or alternatively Toll Free: 888-560-1782 (Prompt 4). US job seekers can find more information about Unisys' EEO commitment here.