|Published||November 21, 2023|
Acclaim Technical Services, founded in 2000, is a leading language, operations, and technology services company supporting a wide range of U.S. Federal agencies. We are an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company, which is uncommon within our business sector. We see this as a significant strength, and it shows: ATS is consistently ranked as a top workplace among DC area firms and continues to grow.
We are actively hiring a Windows System Administrator with TS/SCI clearance and polygraph to join our Software & Systems Solutions Division working in McLean, VA.
In this role, you will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, and operations of systems hardware and software infrastructure for our customer. Work with an agile, fast paced team focused on defending our client’s global networks through threat hunting and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks. You will have the opportunity to work on highly visible projects that directly make an impact to the Nation's mission. Become a critical component in taking complex problems and delivering solutions that are simple yet elegant. We are looking to this person as the SME for AD and SCCM and to make authoritative recommendations on infrastructure design.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage Windows Active directory accounts along with other software user accounts
- Solid familiarity with the Microsoft Azure environment with the ability to work seamlessly within the Azure dashboard.
- Work with SCCM to monitor and update Windows environment, including task automation through scripting, etc.
- Provide recommendations and fixes to technical problems in a cost-effective manner
- Ensures continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of Service Level Agreements with End Users and monitoring of systems, programs and equipment performance
- Automation of tasks using a combination of scripting and configuration management systems
- Troubleshoot and perform break-fix tasks on all systems as necessary including servers, appliances and systems
- Innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve issues
- Evaluate server load and work with technical lead to implement tuning recommendations
- Support server maintenance and special projects
- Perform operating system software updates/upgrades
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Install new / rebuild existing servers, both physical and virtual, and configure services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project / operational requirements
- Manage software installation and patches for various platforms
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Create, maintain, and update documentation for standard operating procedures and disaster recovery
- Design, build, and manage Windows Active Directory (AD) and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure deployed across multiple locations
- Develop process for lifecycle of Windows desktop/server images, from initial builds and patching to major OS version upgrades
- Build and deploy Windows desktop and server images for integration with SCCM and other provisioning platforms
- Architect a strategy for managed software deployed via SCCM, and build/deploy applications and packages as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly
- Ideal candidate has prior experience with multi-site topologies and configurations for AD and SCCM, and is familiar with AD forest/domain trusts and replication
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Windows Systems Administrator in a professional environment
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Infrastructure technologies - Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows server 2012-16, LDAP, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, WSUS, SQP, Bit Locker
- Familiarization using PowerShell for system administration, automation and client configuration
- Experience implementing security standards in a fast-paced operational environment
- Ability to work independently or under only general supervision
- Strong customer service and technical writing skills
- Oral communication skills, including the ability to give formal presentations to different audiences
- Experience troubleshooting computer and network issues, developing or improving configuration management processes and procedures, and implementing these processes and procedures
- Ability to work with system owners and developers to engage in joint project planning, execution and documentation
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals and limited basic understanding of Linux
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to support after hours operations as required
- Experience with sponsor enterprise/mission network operations and policies
- May require after hours support for system upgrades, etc.
- Experience with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) is a plus
- Expert in Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), specifically in downstream/disconnected deployments
- Extensive knowledge of Group Policy for AD and familiarity with STIGs, Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit, and/or other reference baselines
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
ATS is committed to a program of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, hairstyles and hair textures, handicap/disability, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of ATS not merely to refrain from employment discrimination as required by the various federal, state, and local enactments, but to take positive affirmative action to realize for women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans full equal employment opportunity. We support the employment and advancement in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR