|Published||November 25, 2022|
|Location||Fort Meade, MD|
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
We are seeking a seasoned Windows Systems Engineer to join our team supporting solutions for the Department of Defense’s web program. We need your core expertise with language/scripting skills in PowerShell, along with technologies to maintain Windows physical and virtual Infrastructure.
This position is located at Ft. Meade, Maryland and has the possibilities of telecommuting and remote work.
Essential Job Functions:
You will work closely with other system and network professionals, developers, database administrators, built/test engineers, and service desk professionals supporting over 900+ highly visible web sites, including:
The team’s responsibilities include:
- Deploying and support the Windows Server Platform
- Develop and manage physical and virtual servers with VMWare in support of the Web Mission
- Deploy and support ASP.Net applications using technology such as IIS, ARR, Microsoft SQL
- Maintenance of physical server Infrastructure and management of web related technologies.
- Writing PowerShell to automate redundant tasks.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience building out and ramping up Microsoft Windows Server infrastructures
- Scripting Skills (PowerShell preferred)
- Understanding of IIS and related Web technologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Servers
- Experience with a virtualization platform such as VMWare
- Fundamental knowledge of networking and common protocols
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Security certification such as Security+ certification or higher or ability to immediately obtain
- US citizenship and an active Secret clearance is required.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with HCI solutions such as VXRails or Nutanix
- Experience with AWS or Azure clouds.
- Experience with technologies such as Github, Jenkins, and Proget.
- Experience with a CDN such as Akamai.
- Helpful certifications include but are not limited to: MCSA, MCSE, Server+, CISSP, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Administrator Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Azure or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, and Azure or AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
The projected compensation range for this position is $88,000-$110,000. There are differentiating factors that can impact a final salary/hourly rate, including, but not limited to, Contract Wage Determination, relevant work experience, skills and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location (For Remote Opportunities), education and certifications as well as Federal Government Contract Labor categories. In addition, ManTech invests in it’s employees beyond just compensation. ManTech’s benefits offerings include, dependent upon position, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Retirement and Savings, Learning and Development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access